165 R 15 Michelin XZX
VW Beetle Tyres
Longstone Classic Tyres has a long and deep association with the VW Bug, in that it’s too oldest employees had Beetles as their first cars. One being a standard 1974 Jeans Beetle and a 1972 1300 Bug. It is great fun when you first get on the road, but when you are driving a Beetle then the world is an all round brighter place.
VW Beetle size
- The first VW Beetle fitted 5.60-15 crossply tyres.
- Standard radial alternative to 5.60-15 is 155R15
- A slightly taller radial alternative is 165R15
For nimble light steering and sprightly acceleration then going with the standard 155R15 size will be the most fun tyre round wiggly roads. The 155 SR 15 Michelin X is the earliest tyre and was very much a tyre people fitted in period. Pirelli Cinturato 155 HR 15 CA67 Is a more sporty tyre in the size and was original equipment on all sorts of exotica such as a Lotus Elite or a Alfa Rome Giulietta. And the other top notch option would be the Michelin 155 HR 15 XAS.
Currently these days, because we spend so much time on dual carriageways, often people like to fit a taller tyre like the Michelin 165 SR 15 XZX. Again more sporty options like the 165HR15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 are available. Also currently being made are 165HR15 Michelin XAS (1965) and 165VR15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 (1968) which were fitted to cars like the Porsche 911 & 912 back in period.
White Wall Beetle Tyres
Because the Volkswagen Beetle is such a cool car there are still loads on the road and the knock on effect is there is plenty of choice in these sizes which includes some white wall tyres. The 155R15 Galaxy White wall & 165R15 Galaxy White wall are great value.
VW Beetle Tyre Prices
Currently we have on special offer a couple of real bargains for VW Beetle owners. There is an attraction to the Michelin XZX as it is a period tyre made for cars just like the beetle; relatively light weight and fun cars. The XZX offers good grip and comfort and the tread design of the XZX offers excellent wet road performance.
- Set of 4 off 165 R 15 Michelin XZX Beetle tyres
- Set of 5 off 165R15 Michelin XZX Volkswagen Beetle tyres
The Overall Diameter of the 165 R 15 Michelin is 646 mm and the width is 165 mm. For more information on the 165 R 15 Michelin XZX please see below or call +44 (0) 1302 711 123.
|INDICATED WIDTH||ASPECT RATIO||RADIAL||RIM DIAMETER||LOAD INDEX||SPEED RATING||MANUFACTURER||TREAD||TUBELESS|
|RIM DIAMETER||15" / 381 mm|
|ACTUAL WIDTH||165 mm / 6.4"|
|OVERALL DIAMETER INFLATED||646 mm / 25.43"|
|ROLLING CIRCUMFERENCE||1967 mm / 77.44"|
|WEIGHT OF TYRE||7.5 kgs|
|LOAD INDEX||86 = 530 kgs|
|SPEED RATING||S = 112 mph / 180 km/h|
|RECOMMENDED TUBES||Michelin 15E13|
|TUBE OR TUBELESS||TL (Tubeless)|
|RECOMMENDED RIM WIDTH||4.0" 4.5" 5.5"|
|WHITEWALL||Can be applied please call +44 (0) 1302 711123 for your requirements|
|ALTERNATIVE SIZE DESCRIPTION||165/80-15 , 165/80 -15 , 165/80 - 15 , 165 80 - 15 , 165-15 , 165 -15 , 165 - 15 , 165/80S15 , 165/80 S15 , 165/80 S 15 , 165 80 S 15 , 165S15 , 165 S15 , 165 S 15 , 165/80SR15 , 165/80 SR15 , 165/80 SR 15 , 165 80 SR 15 , 165SR15 , 165 SR15 , 165 SR 15 , 165/80R15 , 165/80 R15 , 165/80 R 15 , 165 80 R 15 , 165R15 , 165 R15 , 165 R 15 , 165/80X15 , 165/80 X15 , 165/80 X 15 , 165 80 X 15 , 165X15 , 165 X15 , 165 X 15 , 165/80 15 , 165/80 15 , 165/80 15 , 165 80 15 , 165 15 , 165 15 , 165 15 , 165/80*15 , 165/80 *15 , 165/80 * 15 , 165 80 * 15 , 165*15 , 165 *15 , 165 * 15|
|PRODUCT TYPE||Set of 5 Tyres|
- These are the perfect tire for my MG TD.
- Marked improvement in both ride and handling over the elderly American Firestones they replaced.\nThe tyre fitter had some problems with balancing which suggests that they might not be made to quite the same specification as those that were produced in the 70's.
- What the Doctor orderd
- Very good
- These are the original tyres for my vehicle and help maintain authenticity.
- Replacement of worn tires
- price vs value
- they will go nicely on my Daimler dart thanks
- Perfect sizes, great looks, great ride. The best tire for your vintage MG, ***, or Triumph.
- Perfect for all those MG's we service and restore. Very nice driving tire.
- As ordered
- Exactly what I wanted
- I’ve always bought Michelin so know they are good. They have not yet been fitted as my wheels are being restored.
- These tires have an excellent tread pattern. Michelin's always have good tread life. I think they will function well.
- Suitable for my *** MG TF, and look the part!
- Nothing worse than a modern tyre on a box standard classic and these tyres are perfect for that factory look.
- Amazing tires!
- happy that the tyres were in stock
- Exactly what I wanted for my classic. Was a surprise to get them at such a price
- Top quality tires