Triumph TR7 Tyres
Triumph TR7 1975-1981
- The TR7 in 1975 fitted 175/70R13 Goodyear G800S or Michelin XV.
- Currently we suggest fitting 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- From 1979 the 5-speed model of TR7 fitted 185/70R13 tyres, we suggest fitting the 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 .
- Suggested TR7 tyre pressures - 24si front and 28psi rear.
- Triumphs V8 version of the TR7; the TR8, also fitted 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 or the 185/70R13 Dunlop SP Sport Aquajet.
- Our period fitment guides suggest that the TR7 fitted tubeless wheels from the start of production. Innertubes are optional for these wheels, providing that the rims are still airtight.
- The correct tube for these tyres is the Michelin 13E innertube.
175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36
Starting at £162.00 £135.00
185/70R13 Dunlop SP Sport AquaJet
Starting at £207.60 £173.00
Michelin 13E Offset Valve Inner Tube
Starting at £14.40 £12.00
185/70 R 13 Michelin XDX
Starting at £333.60 £278.00
175/70 HR 13 Avon CR6ZZ
Starting at £308.40 £257.00
185/70 HR 13 Avon CR6ZZ
Starting at £320.40 £267.00
175/70R13 Dunlop SP Sport AquaJet
Starting at £202.80 £169.00
Set of 4 off 175/70 R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36
Starting at £622.80 £519.00
Set of 5 off 175/70 R 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36
Starting at £762.00 £635.00
Triumph TR7 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Triumph TR7 Tyres
History of the Triumph TR7
Built between 1975-1981, the Triumph TR7 was a sports car that was highly popular in the US leading to the development of the larger-engined TR8. It enjoyed success in motorsports too, using at first the 16-valve Dolomite Sprint engine that was planned for the TR7 Sprint before later switching to the Rover V8 Engine. The TR7 suffered in the UK however due to poor build quality coming from the strikes and disruptions at the Speke, Liverpool factory before it was moved to Canley, Coventry in 1978 and later the Rover Solihull plant.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™; CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™; CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.