Wolseley 1500 Tyres
- The Wolseley 1500 originally fitted crossply 520 - 14 Tyres tyres.
- Our recommendation for the 1500 Woleseley would be the 145 R 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67.
- These tyres will be best suited to a Michelin 14CG Offset Valve inner tube.
- A slightly Taller alternative tyre would be the 155 TR 14 Michelin X.
- For these tyres Longstone recommends the Michelin 14D inner tube.
- We also offer a new wheel with a 145HR14 PIRELLI CINTURATO fitted and balanced by Longstone Classic Tyres.
- Tyre pressure recommendations for the 1500 Wolseley are 24psi front and 26psi rear.
Wolseley 1500 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Wolseley 1500 Tyres
History of the Wolseley 1500
The Wolseley 1500 and the closely related Riley One-Point-Five were automobiles based on the Morris Minor but with a bigger 1489 cc engine and transmission from an MG Magnette that were built between 1957 and 1965. The biggest distinction between the Riley and the Wolseley was that the Wolseley had just one SU H4 Carburettor and employed smaller Lockheed brakes.
The British publication The Motor tested a Wolseley 1500 in 1957. It was determined to have a top speed of 76.7 mph and an acceleration time of 24.8 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. Fuel consumption was calculated to be 36.6 miles per imperial gallon. The test car cost £758 plus taxes of £253. Riley and Wolseley manufacture ended in 1965, with 19,568 Rileys and 103,394 Wolseleys produced.
A: Yes, Morris Minor wheels also fit the Wolseley 1500.