Talbot Samba GL
Talbot Samba Tyres
- The Talbot Samba typically fitted a 145 R13 tyre.
- Our recommended 145 is the 145HR13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, it offers great performance and a classic tread pattern.
- The ideal inner tube for this is the Michelin 13CG inner tube.
- If you wanted a wider tyre on you Talbot Samba, a set of 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF is recommended by Longstone Tyres.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
Talbot Samba Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Talbot Samba Tyres
History of the Talbot Samba
Built between 1981-1986, the Talbot Samba was a supermini that was the only Talbot created by PSA Group alone without being inherited from the wreckage of Chrysler Europe. Based on the Peugeot 104, it was known for the time as being the most Economical car in Europe.
The new car's production began in October 1981, and it was formally introduced in December as the Talbot Samba. Unlike the Horizon, 1510/Alpine, and Solara, which were all built in France and England at the same time, the model was solely assembled in Poissy. Three variants of the four-cylinder PSA X engine, which the Samba shared with its Peugeot and Citroen brothers, were available, as were three trim options. The basic LE and LS had a 954 cc XV, the GL had a 1124 cc XW, and the top-of-the-line GLS had a 1360 cc XY. A 1984 Talbot Samba Cabriolet was destroyed in Jeremy Clarkson's 2009 DVD Duel by flinging it from a catapult into a wall at 164 mph before hitting the wall and exploding.