Aston Martin DB6
Aston Martin DB6 MKII tyres video
Aston Martin DB6 Tyres
- 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 were the original equipment radial fitment for a series 1 DB6. The cross ply option was 600 H 16 Avon Turbospeed on a DB6 series 1. Today we would recommend that radial tyres are more suited to modern roads and say the best tyre for the car is still the 185 VR15 Cinturato.
- Some people prefer a wider tyre, and a 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX or 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 would be the best low profile option for an early Aston Martin DB6. However it will make the steering heavier, so you might want to fit power steering, and you won’t really benefit from the wider tyre unless you fit wider wheels. The car will ultimately handle better on 185R15.
- The DB6 Series 2 had 52mm hubs, wider wheels and flared wheel arches, to take advantage of the new Pirelli Cinturato 205VR15 CN72 or crossply 815X15 Avon (the Avon crossply is no longer made).
- Again, some people like a wider low profile modern tyre, in which case the 215/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX or 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 would be the best option. These tyres are slightly different shape, so the wider parts of the tyre are not in the same place as a full profile tyre, and the tread will be considerably wider, so we recommend being cautious when fitting different tyres, particularly with Aston Martin, because, of course, every car is different, which is also part of their charm.
- It might be worth mentioning that as a persuader Sir Roger Moore had the 205VR15 CN72 fitted to his DBS (which is essentially the same as a DB6M K2) See the picture below.
- One of the best upgrades you could specify in period for a DB6, and still is today are Borrani Wheels.
- To find the ideal inner tube for your tyre, have a look at our inner tube guide.
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
Aston Martin DB6 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Aston Martin DB6
The early Aston Martin DB6 originally fitted a 670x15 Avon TurboSpeed check this link cross ply tyre or radial 185x15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ . The Michelin 185VR15 XVS is also an excellent option. Out of these tyres the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ was what Aston would fit if you specified radial tyres when buying the car.
A 205/70x15 tyre is also a possible option for the Aston Martin DB6. Of the tyres available the Michelin XWX 205/70VR15 or PIRELLI 205/70VR15 CINTURATO ™ CN12 HS are the best low profile options for the early DB6 Aston Martin.
DB6 MK2 Aston Martin Tyres
The later Aston Martin DB6 fitted the radial PIRELLI 205VR15 CINTURATO ™ CN12 HS Check this link being the best suited to a sports car. In period the 815X15 Avon Turbo Speed was also a a cheeper option. The 815X15 Avon is no longer made, because basically everyone fitted radial. These MK2 DB6 cars were basically a DBS, and had the 52mm wheel hubs an d wider rims to suit the wider tyres.
As you can see from the pictures above, the 205VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ HS (top) fills the wheel arches much better than the 215/70ZR15 PIRELLI P4000 (bottom). The PIRELLI P4000 is a good tyre but not suited to these cars.
The Aston Martin DB6 can also be fitted with a 215/70x15. The best fitment is a 215/70x15 Michelin XWX.
Aston Martin DB6 Volante Tyres
The Aston Martin DB6 Vantage and Aston Martin DB6 Volante both fitted the same tyres as the standard Aston Martin DB6.
Aston Martin DB6 Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Aston Martin DB6, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Aston Martin DB6 Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Aston Martin DB6 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.