Inner Tubes

Car Inner Tubes

  • Most Vintage and Classic cars will need inner tubes.
  • If your classic car has wire wheels then we strongly recommend inner tubes.
  • Generally speaking we suggest fitting Michelin inner tubes.

  • To find the correct inner tube for your classic car please choose your classic tyre size from the drop down list below, this will then tell you which inner tube you should fit.

    It is worth pointing out that we strongly recommend fitting Michelin inner tubes to your classic car. We will offer Michelin in every circumstance where they are available. Where there isn’t a Michelin tube that fits we have offered the best one possible. In some sizes there maybe some alternative tubes, but please use a Michelin tube where you can – we like happy customers.

    You may find there is an option of central valve or offset valve inner tubes. This describes how the valve exits your wheel rim, through the centre of the wheel (central valve) or from the side of the wheel (offset valve). The majority of European vintage and classic cars from the mid '20 will want an offset valve on their inner tube. Vintage cars with beaded edge tyres and some American cars such as a Model A Ford stuck with central valve inner tubes. H/D denotes heavy duty inner tubes.

    Rim tapes are used on wire wheels to protect the inner tube from the spoke ends in the centre of the wheel and are available in two sizes, 14" - 17" and 18" - 21"

    Flaps are essentially very heavy duty rim tapes and are used solely in straight sided wheels.

    Vintage Car Inner Tube

    Inner tubes were essential with all manner of tyres until the safety rib was developed and the tubeless wheel rim. When a tyre is 70% profile or taller it can be fitted with an inner tube. Tyres that are 65% profile or less should not run an inner tube.

    Classic Car Inner Tubes

    A large portion of the classic cars on the road today are fitted with wire wheels. Wire wheels were designed to be fitted with inner tubes. All the tyres that were fitted to the classic cars with wire wheels were not low profile tyres and therefore should fit inner tubes.

    Car Inner Tube Fitment Guide

    Tyre sizeInnertube
    125R40016c offset
    125x1212c offset
    125x1515cb offset
    125x38015cb offset
    12x4518c reinforced central
    13/14x4518c reinforced central
    130/140x4016e offset
    130x4016e offset
    135R40016c offset
    135x1212cg offset
    135x1515cb offset
    135x38015cb offset
    13x4518c reinforced central
    14/15/16x5020h-1 central
    140x4016e offset
    145/70x1212cg offset
    145R40016e offset
    145x1212cg offset
    145x1313cg offset
    145x1414cg offset
    145x1515e offset
    145x38015e offset
    14x4518c reinforced central
    14x5020h central
    15/16x4518c reinforced central
    15/16x5020h central
    150/160x4016f reinforced offset
    150/160x40 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    150x4016f reinforced offset
    150x40 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    155/70x1212cg offset
    155R40016e offset
    155x1212d13 offset
    155x1313d offset
    155x1414d offset
    155x1515e offset
    155x38015e offset
    15x4518c reinforced central
    15x5020h central
    160x4016e offset
    165R40016e offset
    165x1313d offset
    165x1414d offset
    165x1515e offset
    165x1616e offset
    165x38015e offset
    16x4518c reinforced central
    16x5020h central
    175/70x1313e offset
    175/70x1515e offset
    175x1313e offset
    175x1414e offset
    175x1616e offset
    175R40016f offset
    17R40016f reinforced offset
    17R400 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    180x1515e offset
    185/70x1313e offset
    185/70x1414e offset
    185/70x1515e offset
    185R40016f reinforced offset
    185R400 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    185x1313f offset
    185x1414f offset
    185x1515f offset
    185x1616f reinforced offset
    185x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    185x38015f offset
    195/70x1414f offset
    195/70x1515f offset
    195/75x1414f offset
    205/70x1313f offset
    205/70x1414f offset
    205/70x1515f offset
    205x1414f offset
    205x1515-17h offset
    215/70x1414h offset
    215/70x1515-17h offset
    ER/70 R 1515f offset
    215/75x1515-17h offset
    225/70x1414h offset
    225/70x1515/17H offset
    225/75x1414h offset
    225/75x1515/17H offset
    235/70x1515/17H offset
    235/75x1515/17H offset
    26x2-521mdr central
    26x321mdr central
    28x321mdr central
    300x2021mdr central
    30x3Model T central tube
    30x3 1/2Model T central tube
    31x4815 x 105 reinforced tube
    325x1717mg central
    325x2021mdr central
    32x4880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    32x4 1/2815 x 105 reinforced tube
    33x4880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    33x4 1/2880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    34x4880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    34x5880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    35x5880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    350x1616c offset
    350x1717mg central
    350x1818mfr central
    350x1919mf central
    350x2021mdr central
    36x4880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    36x4 1/2880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    400/425/440x1515cb offset
    400/425x1515cb offset
    400/425x1717mg central
    400/450x1818mfr central
    400/450x1919mfr central
    400x1515cb offset
    400x1717mg central
    400x1818mfr central
    400x1919mfr central
    425/440x1515cb offset
    425x1515cb offset
    425x1717mg central
    440/450x2120/21 cd reinforced offsetor 440/550x20/21 Central Valve
    440x1515cb offset
    440x2120/21 cd reinforced offsetor 440/550x20/21 Central Valve
    450/475x1616c offset
    450/475x2120/21 cd reinforced offsetor 440/550x20/21 Central Valve
    450/500x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    450x1212d13 offset
    450x1313d offset
    450x15 Racing Tuberace-tube-metal-valve-stem-450x15
    450x1616c offset
    450x1716e offset
    450x1818mfr central
    450x19kleber-1 offset
    450x19 Racing Tube450/500 x 19 race tube
    450x2020/21 cd reinforced offset
    450x2120/21 cd reinforced offsetor 440/550x20/21 Central Valve
    475/500x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    475/500x1817/18 e reinforced offset
    475/500x1918/19 cd reinforced offsetor 475/550x19/20 Central Valve
    475/500x2020/21 cd reinforced offset
    475/525x1817/18 e reinforced offset
    475x1616c offset
    475x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    475x1818/19 cd reinforced offset
    475x1918/19 cd reinforced offsetor 475/550x19/20 Central Valve
    475x2020/21 cd reinforced offset
    475x2120/21 cd reinforced offsetor 440/550x20/21 Central Valve
    500/520x1414cg offset
    500/525x1616e offset
    500/525x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    500/550x1616e offset
    500/600x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    500/600x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    500x1414cg offset
    500x1515e offset
    500x15 Racing Tube500/550 x 15 race tube
    500x1616e offset
    500x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    500x1817/18 e reinforced offset
    500x1918/19 cd reinforced offsetor 475/550x19/20 Central Valve
    500x19 Racing Tube450/500 x 19 race tube
    500x2020/21 cd reinforced offset
    500x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    500x23815 x 105 reinforced tube
    500x24880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    520x1313cg offset
    520x1414cg offset
    525/550x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    525/550x1817/18 e reinforced offset
    525/550x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    525/600x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    525x1313d offset
    525x1616e offset
    525x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    525x1817/18 e reinforced offset
    525x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    525x2020/21 cd reinforced offset
    525x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    550/600x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    550/600x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    550/600x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    550/600x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    550x1313cg offset
    550x1414cg offset
    550x1515e offset
    550x15 Racing Tube500/550 x 15 race tube
    550x1616e offset
    550x16 Racing Tube550/650 x 16 race tube
    550x1717/18 e reinforced offset
    550x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    550x18 Racing Tube550/600 x 18-19 race tube
    550/600x18 Racing Tube550/600 x 18-19 race tube
    550x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    550x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    550x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    560x1313d offset
    560x1414cg offset
    560x1515e offset
    575/600x1616f reinforced offset
    575/600x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    575x1616f reinforced offset
    575x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    590x1313d offset
    590x1414d offset
    590x1515e offset
    600/640x1515f offset
    600/650x1717/18 h reinforced offset
    600/650x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    600/650x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    600/650x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    600x1515f offset
    600x15 Racing Tube600/650 x 15 race tube
    600x1616f reinforced offset
    600x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    600x16 Racing Tube550/650 x 16 race tube
    600x1717/18 h reinforced offset
    600x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    600x18 Racing Tube550/600 x 18-19 race tube
    600x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    600x19 Racing Tube550/600 x 18-19 race tube
    600x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    600x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    600x22880 x 120 heavy duty central inner tube
    640x1313f offset
    640x1515f offset
    650/700x1717/18 h reinforced offset
    650/700x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    650/700x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    650x1515f offset
    650x15 Racing Tube600/650 x 15 race tube
    650x1616f reinforced offset
    650x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    650x16 Racing Tube550/650 x 16 race tube
    650x1717/18 h reinforced offset
    650x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    650x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    650x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    670x1515f offset
    670x1616f reinforced offset
    670x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    695x1414f offset
    700x1515-17h offset
    700x1616f reinforced offset
    700x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    700x1717/18 h reinforced offset
    700x1817/18 h reinforced offset
    700x18 Racing Tube650/700 x 18-19 race tube
    700x1919/20 h reinforced offset
    700x19 Racing Tube650/700 x 18-19 race tube
    700x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    700x2119/20 h reinforced offset
    710x90central-valve-h-d-michelin-tube-710x90 reinforced
    715x11518c reinforced central
    720x12018c reinforced central
    725x1313f offset
    730x13018c reinforced central
    740x14018c reinforced central
    750x1313f offset
    750x1616f reinforced offset
    750x16 Fat valve stem16f-tr15 offset
    750x2019/20 h reinforced offset
    760x1515-17h offset
    760x90central-valve-h-d-michelin-tube-760x90 reinforced
    800x1515j offset
    810x90central-valve-h-d-michelin-tube-760x90 reinforced
    815x105815 x 105 reinforced tube
    815x1515j offset
    820x1515j offset
    875x105880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    880x120880 x 120 heavy duty central tube
    890x1515j offset
    895x135895 x 135 tube

    Cannot find what you are looking for? Any questions?