Maserati Mexico Tyres
- We recommend the 205 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN72 as the best option, as it was fitted as original equipment to the Maserati Mexico.
- Today you might find many Mexicos fitted with 215/70 R15 tyres.
- The most likely tyre for them to fit is the 215/70 WR 15 Michelin XWX , which is an excellent tyre for a classic car of the 70's.
- Recently PIRELLI have started to manufacture the 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 again which is also an excellent 1971 tyre.
- It is however a bit smaller in diameter that the original 205VR15, so we would recommend keeping your Mexico on the taller tyre. It is better for the gearing as well as the look.
- The 215/70 R15 and 205 R15 tyres are best fit with Michelin 15/17H inner tubes.
- Set of 2 215/70 WR 15 & 225/70 WR 15 Pirelli Stelvio + Tubes
Starting at $3,276.00 $2,730.00
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
Maserati Mexico Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Maserati Mexico Tyres
History of the Maserati Mexico
The Maserati Mexico began its life as a one off commission from a Mexican customer who needed to have his crashed 5000GT repaired. Giovanni Michelotti created the design and Vignale undertook the coach work.
When the car was first shown on the Vignale stand at the 1965 Turin Motorshow it received so much acclaim that Maserati decided to put the car into limited production.
The picture above shows the 205VR15 CN72 CINTURATO ™ HS tyre that PIRELLI put into production in 1964, which was original equipment for the Maserati Mexico. On either side of this tyre are more modern 70% profile tyre sizes that are often fitted by mistake. On the left is a 205/70VR15, which is far too small in diameter, and on the right is a 215/70VR15 which is closer in dimensions and would also be a good tyre for the Maserati Mexico. Some cars that fitted the 205VR15 CINTURATO ™ changed to the 215/70VR15 tyre when the low profile tyre was developed at the beginning of the 1970's
The production version of the Maserati Mexico, designated the Tipo 112 was shown to the public at the 1966 Paris Motor Show
The Mexico was originally powered by a 4.7 litre V8 engine giving 290bhp and a top speed of around 140mph.In 1969 the engine was replaced with a 4.2 litre V8.
The interior designed to accommodate 4 adults in comfort, featuring leather seats, electric windows, air conditioning, power steering and a wood finished dashboard.
Production lasted for 7 years and in that time nearly 490 cars were produced.
Maserati Mexico Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Maserati Mexico, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
Borrani Wire Wheels
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com.
Borrani Wheels for a Maserati Mexico
Maserati Mexico wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Maserati wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge