450 - 19 Tyres
1925 Frazer Nash SuperSport on 4.00/4.50 x 19 Longstone Tyres
4.50 - 19
- Central inner tube for 450 - 19: Michelin 19MFR Central Valve Tube.
- Offset inner tube for 450 - 19: Offset Valve Tube.
- Racing inner tube for 450 - 19: Race Tube ( Metal Valve Stem) 450-500X19.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 450 - 19: Rim Tape for Wire Wheel 18" - 21".
- 450 - 19 can also be described as: 450 x 19, 4.50X19, 27”X4.40”, 4.50-19.
- For the majority of vintage road cars fitting 4.50X19 tyres we would suggest the 4.00/4.50-19 Longstone.
- For racing cars with 4.50-19 tyres we recommend the 4.50 – 19 Ensign 3 Stud.
450 - 19 Vintage Tyres
450 - 19 Inner Tubes
4.50 – 19
For a racing Type 35 we would recommend the 450-19 Ensign 3-Stud. AQs a road car the Michelin 400/450-19 DR will offer a little more comfort, while being a tyre used by Bugatti in period.
The 4.00/4.50 X 19 Longstone tyre might not be the cheapest tyre in the size, but it looks perfect on a vintage car, while also being a proper 4.50X19 where many other 450-19 tyres are oversized. The carcass structure of the Longstone is also perfect for little sporty pre war cars.
Back in the 1920s the tyre size 4.50- 19 was described as 27”X4.40” or 27 – 4.40. The Longstone 400/450-19 is built to be as close as possible to the 27 X 4.40 tyre of the 1920s, with a vintage tread pattern and a carcass structure suited to vintage cars.
The vintage MG TB originally fitted the 4.50-19 Dunlop B5. Dunlop no longer make vintage road car tyres sadly. The 4.50 X 19 Ensign B5, is almost the same tyre and would be perfect for an MG TB, However earlier MG cars fitting 4.50-19 would be better with the 4.00/4.50X19 Longstone as it have an earlier pre-war tread pattern.