Ferrari 250 GT Boano Tyres
Ferrari 250 GT Boano
Ferrari 250 GT Boano 1955–1957
- Originally the 250 GT Boano would have fitted a 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA, however a set of 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 would be an excellent radial alternative.
- The ideal innertube for both these tyres is the Michelin 16F innertube. Wire wheels need innertubes to function.
- The Ferrari 250 GT Boano fitted RW 3264 Borrani wheels.
- Recommended tyre pressures for the 250 GT Boano would be 24psi in the front and 28psi in the rear with crossply tyres. Add an extra 4 psi for radial tyres.
Ferrari 250 GT Boano Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 250 GT Boano Tyres
History of the Ferrari 250 GT Boano
At the 1956 Geneva Motor Show, Pinin Farina debuted the 250 GT Boano, a prototype coupé based on the 250. The car, which was intended as a design exercise and inspiration for 250 GT Europa buyers, sparked so much interest that a production series was quickly ordered.
Pinin Farina requested Mario Boano, previously of Ghia, to manage the construction since they couldn't satisfy the demand without expanding. When Fiat eventually hired Boano, he delegated manufacturing to his son-in-law Ezio Ellena. Carrozzeria Ellena would continue to build the 250 GT with partner Luciano Pollo for a few more years. Ellena altered the vehicle by elevating the roof and removing the vent windows from the doors. These cars became known as the 250 GT Ellena.
Ferrari 250 GT Boano Borrani Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Ferrari 250 GT Boano. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Ferrari 250 GT Boano Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Ferrari 250 GT Boano wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 250 GT Boano Borrani wheels.
Ferrari wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge