AC Cobra Tyres
- The best tyres for a standard AC Cobra would be a 185VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67. It is a perfectly high performance period tyre that can handle the power and give progressive handling.
- The best low profile AC Cobra tyres would be 205/70WR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 or 215/70VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 on the front and the 255/60VR15 CINTURATO ™ CN12 on the rear. After all this is what the Lamborghini Miura fitted to it's SV models.
AC Cobra Recommended Tyres
Other Options for AC Cobra
However today a large portion of the Cobra's out there have over sized rims and extremely powerful engines, which makes people want to fit wider rear tyres. Until recently this need has been satisfied by the wide range of tall side wall road race tyres the Avon CR6ZZ, which are excellent and offer an range of options dependent on rim size. However these are not really ideal as road tyres.
Recommended AC Cobra tyres
AC Cobra tyres for a standard car as recommended by Longstone Tyres.
Optional AC Cobra tyresOptional AC Cobra tyres as recommended by Longstone Tyres. The AC Cobra fits a wide range of tyres, the original fitment was a 185x15 or alternatively a 205/70x15.
History of the AC Cobra
AC Cobra Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your AC Cobra, as agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your AC Cobra Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borrani Wheels for a AC Cobra
AC Cobra wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres. AC wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge