AC Greyhound Tyres
AC Greyhound 1959–1963
- For the AC Greyhound tyres we recommend the 5.50 R 16 Michelin X tyre, it was the original equipment tyre for the Greyhound and the best radial tyre of this size.
- The AC Greyhound fitted innertubes as standard. The ideal AC Greyhound innertube for this tyre is the Michelin 16E (tubes are a must if you have wire wheels).
- The optimum AC greyhound tyre pressure is 33psi for both the front and the back.
5.50-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA
Starting at £250.80 £209.00
5.50 R 16 Michelin X
Starting at £259.20 £216.00
Michelin 16E Offset Valve Inner Tube TR13
Starting at £21.60 £18.00
5.50 x 16 R5 Dunlop Racing
Starting at £360.00 £300.00
5.50 x 16 Avon Tourist
Starting at £193.20 £161.00
5.50 x 16 Waymaster Premium
Starting at £100.80 £84.00
5.50 x 16 T/T Classic Roadmaster
Starting at £121.20 £101.00
Set of 4 off 5.50 x16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA
Starting at £958.80 £799.00
Set of 5 off 5.50 x 16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA
Starting at £1,174.80 £979.00
AC Greyhound Recommended Tyres
Other Options for AC Greyhound Tyres
History of the AC Greyhound
Built between 1959-1963, the AC Greyhound was a larger version of the AC Aceca, utilising Bristol engines with the option of 2.0 litre, 2.2 litres or a Zephyr 2.6 litre. The Greyhound had a two-door, four-seater aluminium body and shared most of the mechanical components of the Ace and Aceca, but it had a wheelbase that was 10 inches or 250mm longer and coil springs in front instead of a transverse leaf spring. The greyhound was equipped with independent coil spring suspension in the front and rear. The rear suspension had semi-trailing arms, as opposed to the Ace and Aceca. It had a 4-speed manual transmission with overdrive as an option, as well as rack and pinion steering. They were never big sellers and only sold a quarter as much as its smaller sibling, with just 83 Greyhounds built in total.
AC Greyhound Borrani Wire Wheels
The AC AC Greyhound often fitted wire wheels. Borrani does not make wire wheels specifically for the AC Greyhound, however as it is similar to the AC Ace in terms of wheels and tyres, Borrani wheels are an option. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without a doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for AC Greyhound Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge