Citroen Ami 6 Tyres
- for the Citroen Ami Longstone Tyres suggests the 135 SR 15 Michelin ZX as the most ideal radial tyre to fit.
- The Citroen Ami 6 with the funky notch back fits 125 SR 15 Michelin X.
Citroen Ami 8 Tyres
- Citroen's Ami 8 fits 135SR15 Michelin X.
Citroen Ami Super
- The Citroen Ami Super also fitted 135 SR 15 Michelin ZX.
- There is also a 135 SR 15 Michelin X M+S, an off road mud and snow tyre available.
- There are other 135R15 Tyres available, but you just wouldn't consider them as the correct Michelin is still available; nothing else comes close.
The correct inner tube for all the recommended tyres above is the Michelin 15CB Offset Valve inner tube.
Citroen Ami Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Citroen Ami Tyres
History of the Citroën Ami
The Citroën Ami was produced between 1961 to 1978 making 1,840,396 of them, and for a few years of this was even the best-selling car model in France. The Ami was available in saloon and estate/wagon/break body types, the Ami 6 and the Ami 8. In contrast to the previous reverse-sloped rear window of the Ami 6 notchback, the later Ami 8 fastback saloon had a sharply raked rear window.
Although not its official name, in France the Ami was often referred to as the Citroën 3CV Trois Chevaux, or "three horses". The reasons for this are that the initials CV originally stood for "chevaux-vapeur" (horsepower, or literally translated as 'steam horses') but it was used here for "chevaux fiscaux" in short. The "cheval fiscal" was a French fiscal unit based on engine size.