Bugatti Type 37
Bugatti Type 37 Tyres
- Longstone's recommended road tyre for the Bugatti Type 37 is the 4.50x19 Ensign B5.
- This tyre is best fitted with a set of Michelin 19MFR Central Valve inner tubes. However for the track, a Race Inner Tube (Metal Valve Stem) 450-500X19 would also work.
- Other great options are available, such as the 4.00/4.50 x 19 Michelin D.R. and the 4.00/4.50 x 19 Longstone.
- The Michelin tyre offers the more comfortable ride, but the Longstone, being lighter, offers lighter steering, as well as easier handling in general.
- Depending on your wheel type, these tyres are best suited to a Michelin 19MFR Central Valve inner tube if it is fitted with Bugatti's Alloy wheels, or a Michelin Kleber Offset Valve if it is fitted with the wire wheels that Bugatti fitted to the Type 37 as standard.
- However, if you are planning on racing the Type 37 then a set of 4.50x19 3-Stud Ensign Racing tyres are the best option available for this race-winning sports car.
Bugatti Type 37 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Bugatti Type 37 Tyres
History of the Bugatti Type 37
The Type 37 sports car's chassis and body were based on the Type 35. 290 Type 37s were constructed, each with a new 1.5 L straight-4 engine. This engine had a three-valve SOHC configuration and generated 60 horsepower. The same engine was eventually employed in the Type 40. 67 of the Type 37's manufacturing slots were filled by the supercharged Type 37A. The engine produced up to 80–90 horsepower. It also featured shrouded brake drums that were bigger than those on the Type 35.