Lotus Europa Tyres
1969 Lotus Europa
Lotus Europa 1966–1975
- A Lotus Europa produced between 1967–1973 on 4½” wheels is best fit with the 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- The 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 and 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF are also the best options for a 1973 Lotus Europa Twin Cam tyre.
- 155-13 Tyres would best fit a Michelin 13D innertube.
- A Europa on 5J13” wheels would perform best with the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- Series 1 Lotus Europa tyre pressures - 22psi front 32psi rear.
- Series 2 Lotus Europa tyre pressures - 18psi front 28psi rear.
- For a Lotus Europa Twin Cam minted between 1971 and 1972 we suggest 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 on the front and 185/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 on the rear.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E innertube.
- Our period Innertube Guides suggest that the Europa S3 Twin Cam manufactured between 1972 and 1974 had tubeless wheels, but all other models were released on tube-type wheels requiring innertubes.
- Any Europa model with wire wheels also requires innertubes.
- For more information, see our Innertube Guide.
- Suggested tyre pressures for the Twin cam Lotus Europa Series 3 - 22psi front and 28psi rear.
Lotus Europa Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Lotus Europa Tyres
History of the Lotus Europa
Built between 1966-1975, the Lotus Europa was a two-door mid-engined GT Coupe that was renowned for its excellent handling, which is why fitting the correct tyres is essential for a Europa to make the most of this. Apart from the doors, bonnet and boot the whole rest of the body is one single unit of fibreglass, saving massively on weight. From the Series 2 onwards, the fibreglass body was no longer glued to the chassis but instead bolted, making repairs easier.
After the Series 1 (Type 46) and Series 2 (Type 54) plus the racing versions of the Europa (Type 47 & Type 62) the Twin Cam (type 74) was introduced to the market. Especially desirable because of its exceptional performance, with a 0-60 speed of fewer than 6 seconds, a Special version was later created that was painted in the Black and Gold livery of the Team Lotus F1 team with a 5-speed gearbox.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Lotus Europa. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Lotus Europa Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge