MG Princess 1100 Tyres
MG Princess 1100 (1962-1966)
MG Princess 1100
- The MG Princess 1100 model originally fitted 550 - 12 crossply tires.
- Currently, the only available tire in this size is the 5.50 x 12 Camac.
- The ideal innertube for this tire is the Michelin 12D.
- If a radial tire is preferred, the 145R12 is the suitable size for these cars.
- The recommended tire for these classic cars is the 145 SR 12 Michelin MX.
- The Michelin 12CG innertube is recommended to be used with the 145 SR 12 Michelin MX tire.
MG Princess 1100 Recommended Tyres
History of the MG Princess 1100
The MG Princess 1100 was built by Austin at Longbridge and then finished by Vanden Plas at Kingsbury. Although based on the Vanden Plas Princess 1100, which was not well known in the U.S., it was decided to sell the car in the U.S. as an MG Princess 1100. These cars were mechanically identical to the Vanden Plas 1100, but were all left-hand drive and lacked automatic transmission. The majority of these cars featured an MG badge on the standard Vanden Plas grille, and all were fitted with an MG badge on the bootlid instead of the Vanden Plas badge, as well as MG 1100 hubcaps.