Bugatti Type 35
Bugatti Type 35 Tyres
- The Vintage Type 35 Bugatti originally fitted 710 - 90 beaded edge tyres. If you have beaded edge rim we would suggest the 710 x 90 Ensign Chevron Cord fitted with Central Valve H/D Michelin Inner Tube 710X90 tubes.
- From 1925 onward Type 35 Bugatti's fitted 450 - 19 well based crossply tyres on a 57mm rim. For racing we suggest 4.50x19 3-Stud Ensign Racing, as they are the closest visually to the original Dunlop tyres fitted in period.
- Type 35 Bugatti did not fit 475 or 500X19 tyres in the ‘20, however people do like to fit a larger tyre, and by far the best in this case is the 5.00 x 19 5-Stud Dunlop Racing.
- Type 35's with the fabulous alloy wheels require Long Central Valve Inner Tube 475-550X19/20 tubes.
- A Type 35 with wire wheels is better off with the Michelin 18/19CD RET Offset Valve inner tube.
- For more information regarding inner tubes, see our inner tube guide.
Bugatti Type 35 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Bugatti Type 35 Tyres
History of the Bugatti Type 35
The Type 35 was Bugatti's most successful racing car. Its version of the Bugatti arch-shaped radiator, which had evolved from the more architectural one of the Bugatti Type 13 Brescia, would become the one for which the brand is best known, while variants on the subject could be seen in the ranks of the many Type 35s.
The Type 35 was a great success, winning over 1,000 races throughout its lifetime. After winning 351 races and establishing 47 records in the previous two years, it won the Grand Prix World Championship in 1926. At their peak, Type 35s won 14 races each week on average. Bugatti won the Targa Florio five years in a row, from 1925 to 1929, using the Type 35.