VW Scirocco Tyres
- From 1975-1982 Volkswagen fitted the Scirocco with 155-13 Tyres.
- The best tyre in this size is the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF, a high quality tyre that will afford the Sirocco the best performance.
- These tyres would best fit an Michelin 13D inner tube.
- From 1983-1985 VW changed to 175-13 Tyres; the ideal tyre in this size is the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36.
- These tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E inner tube.
- Inner tubes are not essential for these tyres, but they can still be a great option compared to going tubeless. For more information, see our inner tube guide.
Volkswagen Scirocco Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Volkswagen Scirocco
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is common place to come across a tyre test. However in the world of classic tyres the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relationship to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
History of the Volkswagen Scirocco
Built between 1974-1982 the Volkswagen Scirocco MK1 was a sporty compact coupé intended to replace the Karmann Ghia coupé. It was based upon the then in-development Volkswagen Golf, but altered along the way with a sportier drive in mind and then launched six months before the Golf as a sneaky way to fix any problems that might affect the intended higher-volume Golf.