Ford Model T
- The first Model T Ford fitted 30 - 3 Tyres on the front and 30 - 3 1/2 Tyres on the rear. We suggest the 30x3 Wards Riverside (front) and 30x3 1/2 Wards Riverside (back).
- These tyres would be ideally fitted with a set of Long Central Valve Model T Inner Tube.
- Up until 1914, the Tin Lizzie fitted all-white tyres. Sadly we do not stock an all-white tyre for these cars but we may be able to supply some so please phone us on +44 (0) 1302 711 123.
- The Canadian made cars and some export Model T Fords fitted the same size 30 X 3½ tyres front and rear, and all the US Model T’s followed suit from 1918. We suggest fitting the 30 X 3.5 Wards Riverside.
- From 1924 Balloon Tyres were offered in the size 4.40X21. we would suggest the 4.40/4.50 x 21 Lucas . We have these tyres fitted on a Model A Ford and they are great.
- Depending on your style of wheel, you will require either the Long Central Valve 440-550x20/21 inner tube, or the Michelin 20/21CD Offset Valve inner tube.
- We would suggest that 6.00 x 20 Lucas are excellent tyres for the Ford Model T truck.
- For these tyres the Michelin 19/20H Inner Tube or the Michelin 20H Central Valve inner tube will be the best fit, depending on your wheel type.
- Model T Ford Tyre pressures should never be less than 60 psi with the beaded edge tyres and 32 psi with 440/40X21 tyres.
- For information on fitting Model A Ford Tyres please follow this link to some short films we have made about fitting beaded edge tyres.
Model T Ford Tyres
Ford Model Tyres
- Set of 2 30x3 1/2 and 2 30x3 Wards Riverside + Tubes
Starting at $1,006.32 $838.60
Ford Model T Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ford Model T Tyres
It could be that these early Model T's could be driving around with some all white tyres with dirt from the road looking the way they did 100 years ago.