Fiat Dino 2000 Tyres
- The earlier, and more numerous cars, the 1967-1969 fiat Dino 2000 coupe and spider use a 185 series tyre. Currently Longstone Tyres would suggest the 185HR14 Michelin MXV-P as the best for a Dino 2000.
- It is the carcass of these Michelin tyres that makes the handling of cars like the Dino direct and predictable. We believe you can just about get the 205/70R14 tyres that were fitted to the later 2400 Dino under the earlier car, though it would be tight.
- Many Fiat Dino owners feel the 185 makes the handling of the lighter car (alloy block vs iron block) much sweeter.
- However we would suggest that if you do want to move up to the 205/70R14 tyre size fitting a proper period tyre such as the Michelin XWX or the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 will diminish the derogatory effects of fitting a larger tyre.
- These period tyres were developed to be fitted to a car like this and still provide progressive handling, whereas a more modern tyre will be developed to fit to a very different kind of car.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube as the best fitting.
- In October 1969 Fiat released the new Dino 2400, which was produced through till 1973. The increased engine capacity improved the low down torque which improved its behaviour in traffic.
- Also by 1969 low profile tyres had been invented and PIRELLI had introduced its CINTURATO ™ CN36 so the new 2400 Dino took advantage of this new technology, and fitted 205/70R14 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 which we would suggest would still be perfect tyres for the later 2400 Dino.
- We recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube for these tyres.
2400 Fiat Dino Tyres
Fiat Dino Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Fiat Dino