- The tyre size 225/45-16 is an unusual post classic tyre size. Predominantly made as youngtimer track day tyre.
- BMW E30 M3 cars of the late 1980s and early 1990s fitted the tyre 225/45 - 16 Pirelli P700-Z as OE.
- The Pirelli P-700Z is currently the only classic retro road tyre in the size 225/45 R 16.
- The BMW Z1 Also fitted 225/45-16 Pirelli P700-Z as standard equipment.
- The Ford Escort RS Cosworth also fitted fitted the tyre size 225/45-16.
- We would suggest that by far the best road tyre for a youngtimer car in the size 225/45 R 16 is the Pirelli P700-Z.
- You should not fit an inner tube in any tyre the size 225/45-16. You should not fit inner tubes in 45% profile retro tyres.
Classic 225/45-16 Tyres
225 45 16 Tyres FAQ
Q: Can you still buy 225/45-16 tyres?
A: Yes Pirelli are making the 225/45 R 16 P700-Z that was OE on the M3 and the BMW Z1.