Austin 1100/1300 Tyres
- The Austin 1100 and the Austin 1300 came fitted with 550 - 12 crossply tyres.
- The only tyre we have in this size is the 5.50 x 12 Camac, which should be fitted with Michelin 12D Offset Valve innertubes.
- The radial alternative to a 5.50-12 tyre is either 145R12 or 155R12.
- For these Austin 1100 and 1300 classic cars we suggest the 145 SR 12 Michelin MX.
- The 145 SR 12 Michelin MX tyre is best fit with a Michelin 12CG innertube.
- Austin 1100 and Austin 1300 tyre pressures 30psi front 28psi rear 30 psi in the rear of the Countryman or Traveller.
Austin 1300 GT Tyres
- The Austin 1300GT fitted 145-12 Tyres.
- We suggest fitting the Michelin 145 R12 Michelin MX.
- The 145 SR 12 Michelin MX tyre can be fitted with a Michelin 12CG innertube.
- Michelins period recommendation for a 1300 GT are 25psi front and 28psi in the rear.
Austin 1100-1300 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Austin 1100-1300 Tyres
History of the Austin 1100/1300
A product of BMC bad engineering, the Austin 1100 & Austin 1300 were extensions of the popular mini-concept using front-wheel drive, front disc breaks and interconnected Hydrolastic fluid suspension. It also featured a fun and powerful 1098cc A-Series engine, which later in 1967 became a 1275cc engine.