Fiat 850 Tyres
Fiat 850 Coupe Red
Fiat 850 1964–1973
- For the 850 Special, Longstone recommends the 145HR13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- The best innertube for this is the Michelin 13CG innertube.
- We believe the 850 Sport will be best with 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF tyres.
- If you desire larger tyres on a 850 Special, we recommend you fit a set of 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 tyres.
- We recommend the 850 Coupe is fit with 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF tyres.
- 850 Sport and Coupe models could fit the 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 which is wider and features a lower profile.
- We also recommend the Fiat 850 Spider is fit with 175/70 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- 155 R13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13D innertube.
- 175/70 R13 tyres would best fit a Michelin 13E innertube.
- Our period fitment guides suggest that all 850 cars left the factory on tube-type wheels. Providing that your wheels are original equipment, innertubes are required.
- Suggested Fiat 850 tyre pressures – 26psi front & rear.
Fiat 850 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Fiat 850 Tyres
History of the Fiat 850
The technological design of the 850 evolved from the highly successful Fiat 600. Internally, the Fiat 600 development project was known as "Project 100," and as a result, the internal Fiat codename for the 850 project was 100G. (G from the Italian word "grande" for big).
The 850's engine was based on the Fiat 600, but its size was enlarged to 843 cc. The 850 was available in two versions: "normale" (regular) with 34 horsepower and "super" with 37 horsepower. The top speed was 78 miles per hour. While it was not a significant technological advancement, it has a certain beauty with its huge rolling eyes and short tail, in which the engine sat.
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Unfortunately, in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Fiat 850. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Fiat 850 Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge