Vauxhall Victor Tyres
1957 Vauxhall Victor
Vauxhall Victor 1957–1978
Here is what Longstone Tyres recommends based on your Vauxhall Victor tyre needs:
- Longstone recommends the 165 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 for a Vauxhall Victor (Pre-1969) which is the best radial alternative to the original 560 - 13 crossply tyre.
- We suggest the 6.40/7.00 SR 13 Michelin ZX for the Victor FE Estate, Victor 2000 and Vauxhall Ventora models that fitted a 6.20-13 or 6.90-13 crossply originally.
- For these tyres Longstone suggests the Michelin 13F innertube if one is needed.
- Our period fitment guides below state that the Vauxhall Victor 101 FC fitted 155 R13. In this size we recommend the 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 or the 155 HR 13 Michelin XAS FF.
- The ideal innertube for 155 R13 tyres is the Michelin 13D innertube.
- Early Victor cars fitted innertubes, subsequent models fitted tubeless wheels. Our period Innertube Guides state which subvariants of the Victor switched to tubeless wheels, and when. See below to find your model's wheel type.
1965 Vauxhall Victor FC 101 Estate
Vauxhall Victor Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Vauxhall Victor Tyres
Vauxhall Victor F Series
History of the Vauxhall Victor
Built between 1957-1978, the Vauxhall Victor was a large family car that would later be known as the VX series, introduced to replace the ageing Vauxhall Wyvern. In 1968 the Vauxhall Ventora would be launched which was based on a Vauxhall Victor FD body but this time with a 3.3-litre engine under the bonnet. There would be several variations of the Vauxhall Victor; with the F Series Victor (1957-1960), FB Series Victor & VX4/90 (1961-1964), FC Series Victor & VX4/90 (1964-1967), FD Series Victor, VX4/90 & Ventora (1967-1972), FE Series Victor, VX4/90, Ventora, VX1800 & VX2300 (1972-1976) & VX Series (1976-1978).
1974 Vauxhall Victor FE Sedan
Independent Tyre Test - The Results
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test using classic tyres. This classic tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic tyre performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 tyres can give such exemplary results.