215/70 - 15
Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona with 215/70-15 Michelin XWX
- The tyre size 215/70-15 was very popular among the supercars of the very late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Cars such as Ferrari Daytona, Lamborghini Espada, Maserati Ghibli and the Jaguar XJV12 fitted 215/70-15 tyres.
- For the Ferrari and cars of the early 1970s like the 400 and 365 GT4 2+2 we would suggest fitting the Michelin XWX.
- Vintage Maserati and classic Lamborghini of the 1970s tended to fit 215/70-15 Pirelli Cinturato CN12.
- In the late 1970s in conjunction with Jaguar Pirelli developed the 215/70 – 15 Cinturato P5 to fit their luxury XJV12 and the XJ-S V12.
- Inner tube for 215/70 R15: Michelin 15F Offset Valve Tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 215/70 R 15: Rim Tape 13" - 17".
- 215/70-15 can also be described as: 215/70 R 15 or 215/70 x 15.
- 215/70R15 tyres are often used as an alternative to 205 R15 tyres.
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at £1,680.00 £1,400.00
Classic 215/70-15 Tyres
215/70-15 Inner Tubes
This fantastic 1968 Maserati Ghibli would have originally fitted 205VR15 Pirelli CN72. However in this picture it fits the 215/70-15 Cinturato CN12 that was fitted to the Ghibli in 1972.
That would depend what car you had. A classic Jaguar XJ12 or XJS V12 would fit a 215/70 WR 15 Pirelli P5. Many of the Classic Ferrari of the 1970s fitted 215/70 VR15 Michelin XWX. However Classic Lamborghini fitted 215/70VR15 Pirelli CN12.
There are other alternative cheaper tyres in the size 215/70-15 However we would suggest sticking to the quality tyres from the Michelin Collection or Pirelli Collezione ranges of tyres.