Ferrari 330 GTC
Ferrari 330 GTC Tyres
- In period Ferrari 330 GTC fitted either Pirelli 210 R 14 Pirelli Cinturato HS, 205 R 14 Dunlop Dog bone (neither are currently in production) or the 205 WR 14 Michelin XWX.
- Today the only perfect tyre for the Ferrari 330GTC is the 205 WR 14 Michelin XWX.
- Ferrari 330 GTC tyre pressures 30psi in the front and 38psi in the rear.
- The 330 GTC fitted Borrani Wire wheels, which means that it must have inner tubes. We recommend the Michelin 14F inner tube.
Ferrari 330 GTC Tyres Video
Ferrari 330 GTC Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 330 GTC Tyres
Ferrari 330 GTC Tyres
For Ferrari 330 GTC tyres Longstone suggests fitting the 205 VR 14 Michelin XWX. We don't like to say to people that they don't have a choice when it comes to tyres for their classic cars, but I'm afraid that is pretty much the case when it comes to the 330 GT Coupe. However, the good news is that Michelin still makes this excellent tyre in this unusual size, which pretty much only fits a few Ferrari's (including the 330 GTC) & the MK10 Jaguar.
It is a common mistake with these 1960s cars to fit 70 profile tyres such as a 205/70 VR 14 Michelin XWX. Although this is a good tyre it is a later technology than is suited to a 330GTC and will be 42mm (nearly 2 inches) smaller in diameter. If you have got wider 14” wheels on your car then the 215/70R14 Michelin XWX is also an option, though still slightly smaller in diameter than it should be, and the full profile 205VR14 XWX is perfect & correct.
History of the Ferrari 330 GTC
The 330 GTC and 330 GTS resembled their 275 predecessors more than the 330 GT 2+2. They shared the 275's short wheelbase, independent rear suspension, and the same 205VR14 Michelin XWX tyres. These Ferraris were more refined, quieter, and simpler to drive than previous iterations.
In March 1966, the GTC Berlinetta was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. It was a two-seater coupé with a body created by Pininfarina. The GTS spider was unveiled later, in October 1966, at the Paris Motor Show. It shared the GTC's chassis and drivetrain. About 600 coupés and 100 spiders were produced before the 1968 introduction of the 365 GTC and GTS. Both models' four-litre engines produced 295 horsepower.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Ferrari 330 GTC. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at email@example.com
Ferrari 330 GTC wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 330 GTC Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge