Ford Popular Tyres
Ford Popular 1953–1962
Ford Pop 103E
Ford Pop 103E
- The 103E Ford Pop had 17” wheels with 450 - 17 Tyres.
- We suggest fitting 4.50 x 17 Avon Tourist to a Ford Pop 103 E.
- For a Ford Popular 103 E we suggest 16E Michelin innertubes.
- Ford Pop 103E Tyre pressure – we would suggest 30psi front and rear.
Ford Popular 100E
The New Ford Pop 100E
- The New Ford Pop 100E fitted 520 - 13 crossply tyres.
- The radial alternative to 5.20-13 is 145-13.
- Currently the best tyre for a 100E Ford New Popular is 145HR13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- We suggest fitting Michelin 13CG innertubes in the 145HR13 Ford Pop wheels on a 100 E.
- Sometimes owners opt for the wider 155 R13 Tires either due to limited availability of 145R13 tires or a desire for a more substantial tire footprint. If you're thinking of the 155R13 size, the 155R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is an excellent choice.
- The optimal 155R13 innertube is the Michelin 13D.
- Ford Popular 100E tyre pressures – 25psi front & rear.
Throughout its production the Popular was released on tube-type wheels that require innertubes. Innertubes must be fitted to this car providing the wheels are original equipment.
Ford Popular Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ford Popular Tyres
Ford Pop Tyres
The original Ford Pop; the Popular 103E came fitted with 4.50X17 crossply tyres. The Avon tourist is, we would suggest the best tyre for these early post-war Ford Pops. The Avon Tourist is a genuine period tyre so as well as being a quality tyre it also looks right on a 1950s classic car.
The New Ford Popular; the 100E Ford Pop fitted much smaller 13” wheels with a 5.20-13 cross-ply tyre. There isn’t currently a proper period tyre by a top manufacturer anymore since Dunlop stopped making classic road tyres. However Pirelli does make a 145HR13 Cinturato CA67 which was a perfect radial upgrade from the period and we would suggest they will work well with this little 100E Ford Pop today, as they would have been popular back in period.