Rover P5B ex RAF staff car
Rover P5B Tyres
- Rovers P5B car was upgraded in a few ways from the earlier P5; one of which being the introduction of the larger 670 - 15 tyre.
- Rover tended to fit Avon cross ply tyres in those days, so if you want to fit Crossply today we would recommend the 670 H 15 Avon Turbospeed.
- A Rover P5B on today's modern dual carriageways will be cruising for extended periods at far higher speeds than would have been possible in the '60s, so today P5B owners tend to want to fit a radial tyre on their Rover.
- The best tyre for this purpose on a Rover P5B is the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, it is an excellent tyre and also period suitable as Rover also have a history of fitting the CINTURATO ™.
- Longstone Tyres also do an excellent deal on buying the 185R15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 in sets of 4 or 5.
- For these tyres the Michelin 15F is the correct innertube.
- Our period Dunlop Fitment Guide suggests that some P5B cars were released on tubeless wheels. Innertubes are not required for these wheels. The fitment guide also states that some cars were released with tube-type wheels that require innertubes, for more information, see our Innertube Page.
Rover P5B Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Rover P5B Tyres