Iso Lele Classic Tyres
- The Iso Lele came equipped with 215/70 R 15 Michelin XWX as original equipment.
- Thankfully Michelin has included this tyre in their classic tyre line so you can have the perfect O.E tyres for your Iso Lele. The XWX was fitted to many other fantastic Italian sports cars of the 70s.
- We have a range of other fantastic options availiable too such as Pirelli's fantastic 215/70 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 tyres.
- The correct tube for this size of tyre is the Michelin 15F innertube.
- We have limited information regarding innertubes for a Lele. Our best source is a 1976 Pirelli Fitment Guide, that suggests that by 1976 the Lele had tubeless wheels. At the start of the Lele's production in 1969, other Iso models were fitting innertubes, so it is likely the Lele did also.
Iso Lele Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Iso Lele Tyres
History of the Iso Lele
The Iso Lele was displayed to the public in 1969 at the New York International Auto Show and was made to compete against the Lamborghini Espada. The name of the car was a Christmas present to Piere Rivolta's (The son of company founder Renzo Rivolta) wife whos name was Lele Rivolta.
The car was initially powered by a 5.4L Chevrolet V8 engine and was equipped with 4-speed General Motors' auto and manual transmissions. They eventually replaced these with a 5.7L Ford engine, a 4-speed Ford automatic transmission, and a ZF 5-speed manual transmission when General Motors asked for advance payments from Iso for their engines. The bodywork was styled by Marcello Gandini of Bertone.