Aston Martin V8 & Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Tyres
- Aston Martin V8 fitted Avon 225/70VR15 ACR3 as standard on 7” wheels. We would suggest fitting the 225/70VR15 XWX would be a better handling upgrade.
- Automatic models of the AM V8 and the Volante often fitted 235/70R15 Avon Turbosteel which is predominantly a Rolls Royce tyre and gives a softer ride. We would recommend fitting the 235/70R15 Michelin XVS for a more stable ride with better directional stability.
- Some of the Volante models fitted the Vantage spec tyres; 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12, still on the same 7” wheels.
- Standard tyre pressure for an Aston Martin V8 would be 30psi front and rear, 35psi for high speed and 40psi for the track.
Aston Martin Vantage Tyres
- The early Aston Martin Vantage cars still fitted 225/70VR15 on their 7” wheels. We would recommend the Michelin 225/70VR15 XWX for its excellent handling.
- From 1979 -1983 the Aston Martin V8 Vantage fitted 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 on to it’s 7” wide GKN wheels.
- In 1984 Aston fitted wider 8” wheels to house Pirelli’s new P7 tyre in the size 275/55R15 (not currently available). However an 8” wide wheel is perfect for the 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 which we would recommend as the article below clearly shows Vantage Points this link doesn’t work.
- Aston Martin Vantage tyre pressures we suggest 40psi front and rear.
- In 1987, the Aston Martin V8 Vantage fitted 16” wheels. We suggest fitting 255/50ZR16 Michelin Pilot Sport.
- Later AM V8 Vantage tyre pressures we suggest 36psi front and 38psi rear with 16” wheels.
Insufficient speed rating
By this point in the development of Aston Martin cars the staggering power of their fabulous V8 engine was capable of propelling these cars to exceptional speeds unfortunately the Avon tyres are not speed rated up to a suitable level only having a V speed rating. As a result we would encourage you to fit the Pirelli Cinturato tyres where possible.
Aston Martin V8 & Vantage Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Aston Martin V8 & Vantage
Aston Martin V8 Vantage Tyres
What tyres shall I fit on my Aston Martin V8?
The DBS fitted 205VR15 Pirelli CN72 HS, but when they fitted the V8 engine they fitted the Avon 225/70VR15 Avon TurboSpeed. We suggest the Michelin 225/70VR15 XWX is the best sports car in this size.
What tyres should I fit on my Aston Martin V8 Volante?
Aston Martin’s V8 Automatic & Volante models fitted the same 235/70VR15 Avon that was used by Rolls Royce, or the 255/60VR15 Pirelli CN12 that Aston fitted to their Vantage V8.
What tyre shall I fit to my Aston Martin V8 Vantage?
The 255/60VR15 Cinturato CN12 was original equipment on the first V8 Vantage. Mid 1983 they moved to 275/55VR15 Pirelli P7 which is no longer made. We suggest sticking with the 255/60VR15 CN12.
Between 1987 and 1989 the Aston Martin Vantage fitted a 255/50x16 tyre. This tyre is solely made by by Michelin for their Collection range as the Pilot Sport.