Aston Martin V8 Tyres
- Aston Martin V8 fitted Avon 225/70VR15 ACR3 as standard on 7” wheels. We would suggest fitting the 225/70VR15 XWX would be a better handling upgrade
- Automatic models of the AM V8 and the Volante often fitted 235/70R15 Avon Turbosteel which is predominetly a Rolls Royce tyre and gives a softer ride. We would receomend fitting the 235/70R15 Michelin XVS for a more stable ride with better directional stability
- Some of the Volante models fitted the Vantage spec tyres; 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12, still on the same 7” wheels
- Standard tyre pressure for an Aston Martin V8 would be 30psi front and rear, 35psi for high speed and 40psi for the track
Aston Martin V8 Vantage Tyres
- The early Aston Martin Vantage cars still fitted 225/70VR15 on their 7” wheels. We would recommend the Michelin 225/70VR15 XWX for its excellent handling
- From 1979 -1983 the Aston Martin V8 Vantage fitted 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 on to it’s 7” wide GKN wheels
- In 1984 Aston fitted wider 8” wheels to house Pirelli’s new P7 tyre in the size 275/55R15 (not currently available). However an 8” wide wheel is perfect for the 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 which we would recommend as the article below clearly shows Vantage Points
- Aston Martin Vantage tyre pressures should be 30psi front and rear, upto 40psi front and rear for high speed use
Aston Martin Vantage Tyres
We would suggest the early V8 Vantage will be at its best fitted with 225/70VR15 Michelin XWX. In 1979 until 1984 the Vantage version of the Aston Martin V8 fitted a rather special tyre; the 255/60VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12 this tyre is fortunately being produced again for the V8 Vantage and the rear of a Lamborghini Miura SV.
In 1984 Aston moved their flagship Vantage on to Pirelli’s Cinturato P7 in the size 275/55R15 (not currently available). However the article blow from Vantage Points tells us that the car handled better on the 255/60 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12, which we would strongly recommend. I can say that the V8 Vantage that I drove did feel over tyred and an earlier tyre with the rounded shoulders of the CN12 will help it’s handling remain progressive.
Then in 1987 the Vantage moved onto 16” wheels and fits the 255/50ZR16 Michelin Pilot Sport.
Recommended Tyres for Aston Martin V8 & Vantage
Other Options for Aston Martin V8 & Vantage
Between 1987 and 1989 the Aston Martin Vantage fitted a 255/50x16 tyre. This tyre is solely made by by Michelin for their Collection range as the Pilot Sport.