BMW 3 Series Tyres
BMW 3 1975–2000
BMW 316 E21
Early E21 BMW Tyres 1975–1983
- BMW 316, 318, 320 fitted either 165R13 on 5” tubeless wheels or 185/70R13 tyres on 5.5” tubeless wheels.
- For these E21 3 series BMW we suggest 165 VR 13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36 or 185/70R13 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- The 320i, 323i and the 6 cylinder BMW 320 fitted 185/70R13 tubless wheels and tyres as standard.
BMW 3 Series Coupe E30
E30 BMW Tyres 1982–1994
- The base model E30 BMW, the 316 and 318i came fitted with 175/70R14 tyres.
- Other options were 195/60R14 tyres or 200/65R365 Michelin TRX tyres which are no longer manufactured.
- 195/60R14 tyres were fitted to the E30 versions of 320i, 323i and 325i as standard (if not the TRX).
- Michelin make a 195/60 VR 14 MXV3-A youngtimer tyre which is ideal for these E30 BMW.
- The first version of the famous BMW M3 and the 325i Sport came fitted with 205/55R15 tyres.
- Towards the end of the 1980s there were more choices of wheels and tyres on these post-classic cars.
- Another tyre option that was offered to late 1980 and early 90s series 3 BMW cars was the 195/65R14 Michelin MXV3-A.
- The BMW E30 M3 Evolution fitted 7.5” wheels with 225/45R16 Pirelli P700-Z tyres.
1997 BMW 323i E36
BMW E36 Tyres 1990–2000
- With the more modern E36 version of BMW’s 3 series cars there was less consistency of what model fitted which wheel and tyres.
- 205/60R15 Michelin Pilot Primacy 3 is a great option for many of the base model E36 BMW.
- Michelin make the fantastic 225/50R16 Pilot Sport for E36 series £ BMW on 16” wheels.
BMW 3 Series Recommended Tyres
Other Options for BMW 3 Series Tyres
History of the BMW 3 Series
The E21 succeeded the 02 Series and was first offered as a two-door sedan (coupé). Originally all versions were launched with 4-cylinder carburetted engines; however, fuel-injected variants were offered in late 1975, and 6-cylinder engines were added in 1977. From 1978 to 1981, a cabriolet body type was available from Baur.