- Original Ferrari 275 GTB tyres were 205 R14 Dunlop SP Sport (with the Dog Bone tread pattern) & 205 VR 14 Michelin XWX (which in period was sometimes called 205 R 14 Michelin X, or XVR, but it is the same tread pattern as the XWX)
- Currently the Dunlop is no longer produced
- At Longstone tyres we strongly recommend fitting 205 VR 14 Michelin XWX. The competition spec wheel for a 275 GTB was 15” Borrani wheels the 7” RW4010 & 7.5” RW 4011
- On the road people can fit 205/70VR15, 215/70VR15 &/or 225/70VR15 depending on the car
- We would suggest PIRELLI CN12 or Michelin XWX, or of course Dunlop Racing Tyres
Recommended Products for Ferrari 275 GTB
Excl. Tax: $1,267.65 Incl. Tax: $1,521.18
Excl. Tax: $1,552.50 Incl. Tax: $1,863.00
Other Options for Ferrari 275 GTB
275 GTB Ferrari on XWX Michelin Tyres
The Ferrari 275 originally came with a 205x14 Michelin XWX tyre. It is important to note that they do not fit 205/70VR14 tyres they are by far too small in diameter. Currently Michelin are the only manufacturers that make a full profile tyre in the size 205R14 and the good news is it is a high performance tyre like the 275GTB.
An alternative would be to fit 15" wheels with 215/70x15 Michelin XWX or 215/70VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN12. Many of the Ferrari 275 GTB cars were used in competition or owners wanted to fit more modern 70's style tyres and fitted 15" Borrani wheels. For competition a 275 GTB would usually fit Dunlop Racing tyres or 215/70VR15 Avon CR6ZZ depending on the rules of your race series. Because the Avon CR6ZZ range of tyres are excellent road legal racing tyres people often like to use these as a road tyre, but it is worth considering that the stiff carcass and racing compound that make it an excellent racing tyre, will not offer the same level of vibration absorption or longevity that a road tyre like the XWX or Cinturato will. We often find ourselves replacing tyres on vintage Ferrari's like a 275 because the tyres are old rather than bald. We would advise you not to drive on racing compound tyres that have become old. The rubber compound is much stiffer than standard road rubber and as the tyre ages the rubber ability to grip deteriorates.
Ferrari 275GTS Tyres
Ferrari's open top version of the 275 also fitted 205VR14 Michelin XWX tyres.
275 GTB Ferrari Wheels
If you require new Borrani wire wheels for your Ferrari then please click here for information on Borrani wire wheels.