Jensen 541 R Tyres
- Most Jensen 541R models ran on 640 - 15 crossply tyres. If you desire a crossply then we would suggest fitting the 640 H 15 Avon Super Safety.
- For a Jensen 541R a set of 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is recommended by Longstone Tyres.
- Some people like to fit lower profile tyres to cars like the Jensen 541R, in that case we would propose that the 205/70 R 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN12 is the best option, however this can negatively affect handling and performance, so we would strongly advise fitting a 185 R15 instead.
- The correct inner tube for these tyres is the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- See below for Borrani wire wheel options.
Jensen 541R Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jensen 541R Tyres
History of the Jensen 541R
Built from 1957-1960, the original prototype was built with an aluminium body but this was changed to a fibreglass body for production. Designed by Jensen's designer Eric Neale, the car would be the most aerodynamic that Jensen would build having a drag coefficient of only 0.39. 193 cars would be made before the 541R was replaced by the 541S, which was similar to the 541R but had a larger body and a Rolls-Royce hydramatic gearbox.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Jensen 541R. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Jensen 541R Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge