165 / 400 Tyres
- 165-400 is the radial alternative to either 130-40 or 140-40
- 165 – 400 is the first radial tyre size
- 165–400 Michelin X tyres were first fitted to the Citroen Traction Avant
- Michelin now also make a 165-400 white wall Michelin X.
- Pirelli make the only H rated 165HR400 Cinturato CA67.
- The 165HR400 Pirelli Cinturato was the tyre of choice for sports cars like Alfa 2600 and Lancia Aurelia.
- Inner tube for 165 - 400: Michelin 16E Offset Valve Tube
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 165 - 400: Rim Tape 14" - 17"
- 165 - 400 can also be described as: 165 R 400, 165 x 400
165 R400 Classic Tyres
165 R400 Inner Tubes
165 x 400 Tyres FAQ
A: The early Citroen 7 CV (7A, 7B, 7 Sport & & Sport) front wheel drive cars fitted 130/140 Michelin SCSS crossply tyre, for which the 165SR400 Michelin X radial would be the later fitment. The Citroen 11b, 11BC, 11D, 11 Légère, 11 BL, 11 Normal, Light 15 & Big15 initially fitted 150/160X40 Michelin bias ply tyres, then later the 165R400 Michelin X. The Traction Avant 15/6 and the Big 6 fitted 185SR400 Michelin X, and the later hydraulic 6 cylinder cars fitted 185SR400 Michelin X on the front and 165SR400 X on the rear.
A: the earlier Lancia Aurelia fitted 165SR400 Michelin X However when Pirelli introduced thei radial tyre Lancia moved the Aurelia onto the 165HR400 Cinturato CA67. As they did with the Flaminia except the Flaminia Coupe which fitted 175HR400 Cinturato CA67.
A: Alfa fitted the 165HR400 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 to the 2600 as they did the 2000 and later 1900 as it was the first radial tyre designed for sports cars. The 2600SV fitted 175HR400 Cinturato. And the first 1900 Alfa Romeo fitted 600-16 Stella Bianca.