165 R400 Tyres
Alfa Romeo 1900 on 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 Tyres
- 165 R400 is the radial alternative to either 130-40 or 140-40.
- 165 R400 is the first radial tyre size.
- 165 SR 400 Michelin X tyres were first fitted to the Citroen Traction Avant.
- Michelin now also make a 165SR400 white wall Michelin X.
- Pirelli make the only H-rated 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- The 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 was the tyre of choice for sports cars like the Alfa 2600 and Lancia Aurelia.
- Inner tube for 165 R400: Michelin 16F Reinforced Offset Valve Tube.
- Rim tape (for Wire Wheel) for 165 R400: Rim Tape 14"–17"
- 165 R400 can also be described as 165 R 400 or 165 x 400.
Classic 165 R400 Tyres
165 R400 Inner Tubes
165 R400 FAQ
Lancia Aurelia on 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 Tyres
A: The early Citroen 7 CV (7A, 7B, 7 Sport & & Sport) front wheel drive cars fitted 130/140 Michelin SCSS crossply tyre, for which the 165 R400 Michelin X radial would be the later fitment. The Citroen 11b, 11BC, 11D, 11 Légère, 11 BL, 11 Normal, Light 15 & Big 15 initially fitted 150/160X40 Michelin bias ply tyres, then later the 165 R400 Michelin X. The Traction Avant 15/6 and the Big 6 fitted 185 R400 Michelin X, and the later hydraulic 6-cylinder cars fitted 185 R400 Michelin X on the front and 165 R400 X on the rear.
A: the earlier Lancia Aurelia fitted 165 R400 Michelin X However, when Pirelli introduced their radial tyre Lancia moved the Aurelia onto the 165 R400 Cinturato CA67. As they did with the Flaminia except the Flaminia Coupe, which fitted a 175 HR 400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
A: Alfa fitted the 165HR400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 to the 2600 as they did the 2000 and later 1900 as it was the first radial tyre designed for sports cars. The 2600SV fitted 175 HR 400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67. And the first 1900 Alfa Romeo fitted 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA.