Ferrari 342 America Tyres
Ferrari 342 America
- The original equipment Ferrari 342 tyre was a 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, which is now being re-manufactured and is an excellent tyre to fit today.
- To corroborate this the image below shows the original Ferrari manual for cars such as the 212, 250, 340 & 342 which states that the Ferrari 342 would fit PIRELLI tyres in the size 6.40x15, which would today be the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- The 342 America came fitted with wire wheels as standard. See below for Borrani Wire Wheels. Wire wheels must be fitted with innertubes.
- For these tyres the Michelin 15F is the ideal innertube.
Ferrari 342 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 342 Tyres
History of the Ferrari 342 America
The Ferrari America are a range of high-end Ferrari vehicles produced in the 1950s and 1960s They were huge grand touring vehicles with enormous V12 engines and bespoke bodywork. All America's had a live axle in the back, a front engine, and worm and sector steering.
The Ferrari America are a range of high-end Ferrari vehicles produced in the 1950s and 1960s They were huge grand touring vehicles with enormous V12 engines and bespoke bodywork. All America's had a live axle in the back, a front engine, and worm and sector steering.There were only six Ferrari 342 America models built: a Vignale Cabriolet (designed by Giovanni Michelotti), two Pinin Farina Cabriolets, and three Pinin Farina Coupes. The engine is the same Lampredi-designed engine as in the 340 America, but with a modified carburettor air filter system. Both the 340 and 342 Americas used even chassis numbers for racing cars, but the 375 America and later used odd chassis numbers for road vehicles. King Leopold III of Belgium had a black Pinin Farina Cabriolet.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ferrari 342. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 342 Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge