Ferrari 250 GT SWB
Ferrari 250 GT SWB Tyres
- The Short Wheel Base Ferrari 250 GT fitted either 5.5” RW 3591 or 6” RW 3690 Borrani wheels. The 5.5” was more common, but there are other options for racing.
- The 250 GT SWB cars that left the factory as road cars fitted 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 .
- Often as road cars these days people like to fit a wider 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX . It is worth pointing out that this modern low profile tyre technology was not invented until 1968.
- Predominantly the Ferrari 250 GT Short Wheel Base is used on the track and they will want 15" Dunlop Racing Tyres (these tyres are not road legal however).
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Tyre pressures are very difficult to recommend tyre pressures for car like the Short wheel base Ferrari 250 GT. I would suggest 28 front and 33 rear as a start. But if anyone has any data we would love to see it.
Ferrari 250 GT SWB Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 250 GT SWB
The first picture shows a Ferrari 250 GT SWB having it's tyres changed by Longstone Classic tyres when we were providing a classic tyre fitting service at Le Mans Classic. The car in the picture has got Dunlop Racing tyres fitted and the tyres people will choose to fit will be determined by the race series they are competing with.
However, though the majority of SWB 250 Gt Ferrari's these days will be set up for the track, in period if you wanted your Ferrari 250 GT SWB for the road it would have come fitted with the tyres 185VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ which was the original radial tyre fitted by Ferrari upon leaving the factory, and is still the best tyre to fit today.
Borrani Wire Wheels:
The Ferrari 250 GT SWB can fit Borrani alloy rimmed wire wheels, a brilliant period alternative wheel that has a period authentic look and unmatched quality. However these wheels are not original equipment.