Ferrari 250 Tyres
- The first Ferrari 250 cars; Europa, GT Boano, Ellena, GT TdF, GT Cabriolet (S1), PininFarina Coupe, GT California Spider LWB fitted 6.00-16 PIRELLI STELLA BIANCA as standard.
- These Ferrari 250 cars later fitted 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- Some of these early pre 1960 cars offered a 400mm RW 3598 Borrani wheels so they could fit the radial 175 HR 400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- In 1960, Ferrari started to fit 15” 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 radial tyres to the road models 250 GT/E, and 250 GT Cabriolet S2, 250 GT Lusso.
- Many of these ‘60s 250 Ferrari’s with 15” wheels tend to fit a 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX as a more modern low profile option. It is worth noting that 70% profile tyres were not invented till 1968. However, the wheel rims that Ferrari chose to fit were very wide and could handle these wider tyres.
- Racing cars from this period would fit Dunlop Racing tyres. (Also the Avon CR6ZZ tyres. But it is worth remembering that these tyres don’t look right because they are completely modern.)
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at £1,680.00 £1,400.00
Ferrari 250 Recommended Tyres
The 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 was original equipment on lots of the Ferrari 250 GT cars that were fitted with 15" wheels. I think the 15" Cinturato was original equipment on the Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series 2, 250 GTE 2+2 & 250 GT Lusso. I even think if you bought a 250 GTO road-going car it would have fitted the185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 tyres.
"Dear Sirs where can I buy these tires in Switzerland?
You can either buy the tires for your 250GT directly online at http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/185vr15-pirelli-cinturato-ca67.html, you can ring us up and order them 44 (0) 1302 711123, or you can place your order by email. Currently, there is not a specific dealer for the Cinturato range of tires in Switzerland, but we will ship them to you free of carriage charge."
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ferrari 250. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link for Ferrari Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge