- The first Ferrari 250 cars; Europa, GT Boano, Ellena, GT TdF, GT Cabriolet (S1), PininFarina Coupe, GT California Spider LWB fitted 600X16 Pirelli Stella Bianca as standard.
- These Ferrari 250 cars later fitted 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- Some of these early pre 1960 cars offered a 400mm RW 3598 Borrani wheels so they could fit the radial 175 HR 400 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67.
- In 1960, Ferrari started to fit 15” 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 radial tyres to the road models 250 GT/E, and 250 GT Cabriolet S2, 250 GT Lusso.
- Many of these ‘60s 250 Ferrari’s with 15” wheels tend to fit a 205/70VR15 Michelin XWX as a more modern low profile option. It is worth noting that 70% profile tyres were not invented till 1968. However, the wheel rims that Ferrari chose to fit were very wide and could handle these wider tyres.
- Racing cars from this period would fit Dunlop Racing tyres. (Also the Avon CR6ZZ tyres. But it is worth remembering that these tyres don’t look right because they are completely modern.)
- Set of 2 215/70 VR 15 & 2 225/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX
Starting at $2,268.00 $1,890.00
Ferrari 250 Recommended Tyres
Dear Sirs where can I buy these tires in Switzerland?
You can either buy the tires for your 250GT directly on line http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/185vr15-pirelli-cinturato-ca67.html, you can ring us up and order them 44 (0) 1302 711123, or you can place your order by email. Currently there is not a specific dealer for the Cinturato range of tires in Switzerland, but we will ship them to you free of carriage charge.
The 185VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 was original equipment on lots of the Ferrari 250 GT cars that were fitted with 15" wheels. I think the 15" Cinturato was original equipment on the Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series 2, 250 GTE 2+2 & 250 GT Lusso. I even think if you bought a 250 GTO road going car it would have fitted the 185VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CA67 tires.
The Ferrari 250 Borrani Wire Wheels. Are high quality wire wheels that are period correct. Borrani alloy rimmed wire wheels are a great fit to any Ferrari suitable for wire wheels.