165 - 380
- There was a period shortly after the invention of radial tyres where Michelin manufactures tyres using millimetric rim descriptions.
- 380 mm wheel is the same as a 15” wheel.
- A 165-380 tyres is the same as a 165-15 tyre.
- It might also be described as 165/80-380, 165/80R380 or simply and more commonly 165R15.
- There may also be different speed ratings so 165SR380, 165TR380, 165HR380, etc.
- Peugeot 403, 404 may well be fitted with 165 – 380 tyres as might other European cars such as Volvo Amazon or VW Beetle.
- For many of these family road cars the Michelin 165 SR 15 XZX was a tyre that in period was designated 165 R 380 in period and offers an excellent ride.
- For classic sports cars of this period the 165 HR 15 Pirelli Cinturato CA67 is the tyre of choice, for its sporting handling.
- The 165SR15 Michelin XZX White Wall will also make an ideal alternative to a 165 – 380 white wall tyre.
Classic 165-380 Tyres
Alternatives to 165-380 Tyres
165-380 Inner Tubes
165/80 R 380 Tyres
A: A 165 R 380 tyre is exactly the same as a 165/80 R 15 tyre. In that the tyre is 165mm. The side wall height is 80% of 165 mm and the rim diameter is 15” diameter which is the same as 380mm.
A: Yes Michelin make a 165 R15 XZX White wall tyre which is exactly the same as a 165R380 white wall.