Ferrari 246 GT Dino Tyres
Ferrari 246 GT Dino 1969–1974
Ferrari Dino 246 GT
- For Ferrari Dino 246 GT tyres Longstone Tyres recommends the 205/70VR14 Michelin XWX as the best tyre to fit.
- The other option for the 246 GT Dino would be 205/70 WR 14 PIRELLI CINTURATO CN36.
- Our period Innertube Guide informs us that 246 GT Dino models were released on tubeless wheels. If you fit wire wheels then you must fit innertubes.
- For these tyres the Michelin 14F is the correct innertube.
- Ferrari Dino tyre pressures - Period Dunlop and Michelin fitment guides say 34psi front and 40psi rear. We also have another fitment guide that recommends 28 front and 34 rear.
- Some Ferrari Dino owners like to fit the later Ferrari 328 GTB 16” wheels, but a 246 will lose comfort and not handle so well on modern low profile tyres.
- If your Ferrari 246 Dino has 16” wheels then the 205/55YR16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 will diminish the derogatory effects (but you should really stay 14”).
Ferrari DIno Tyres Explained
Ferrari 246 GT Dino Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 246 GT Dino Tyres
History of the 246 GT Dino
The 206 GT was replaced in 1969 by the more powerful Dino 246 GT. In European specification, the 246 GT was powered by a larger 2418 cc V6 engine delivering 192 horsepower at 7,600 rpm. After 1971, a Targa-topped GTS was offered in addition to the fixed-top GT coupé. Other major differences from the 206 were the body, which was now composed of steel rather than aluminium and had a 6 cm larger wheelbase. The Dino 246 GT was produced in three series, each having its own set of wheels, windshield wiper coverage, and engine ventilation. Dino 246 manufacturing totaled 3,569 units, including 2,295 GTs and 1,274 GTSs.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Although it was not standard Ferrari equipment on the 246 GT Dino or the coupe 246 GT Dino, Borrani does make some period optional 14" wire wheels with a full conversion kit. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
Wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 246 GT Dino Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge