Mazda MX 5 Tyres
Mazda MX-5 Second Generation
- From its release in 1989 the first MX-5 fitted 185/60HR14 Dunlop SP Sport D89 on 5.5” wide 14” Alloy wheels.
- Mazda soon started to offer 185/60R14 Bridgestone SF-325 os original equipment on the MK1 MX-5 until 2001.
- From its release in 1989 to the start of 2001 the original equipment tyre on the Mazda MX5 was 185/60R14 Bridgestone SF-325.
- For this size we recommend the 185/60 VR 14 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tyre.
- Tyre pressures for generation 1 MX-5 with Pop up headlights and 14” wheels we suggest 26psi front and rear.
- From 2001 the second generation Mazda MX-5 Miata without the pop up headlights standard size became 195/50R15, we recommend the 195/50 VR 15 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 as the best available tyre in this size.
- Tyre pressures for MX5 Mazda Miata fitted with 15” wheels we suggest 26psi front and rear. With 30psi for the track.
- Some MX-5 Mazda Miata owners like larger tyre options, such as 205/50 VR 15 Pirelli P7.
- Some of the later Mazda Miata LS MX5 fit 16” wheels with 205/45R16 tyres.
- In Longstone tyres view, these later larger wheels and wider lower-profile tyres are moving away from what makes the MX-5 such an ace little car.
- Tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 185/60 VR 14 Michelin Pilot Exalto) should not fit innertubes.
- If you're in any doubt as to which tyre you need, please call us on +44 (0) 1302 711 123 and one of our tyre boffins can help you figure out what you need!
Mazda MX-5 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Mazda MX-5 Tyres