Wolseley 6/90 Tyres
1957 Wolseley 6-90 Police Saloon
- The Wolseley 6-80 came fitted with crossply 600 - 15 Tyres. The only tyres in this size are Dunlop Racing tyres; the 6.00 x 15 R5 Dunlop Racing could be fitted, but we would not recommend this tyre for none racers driving on the road.
- We would instead suggest fitting a radial tyre; the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS is recommended by Longstone Tyres.
- The 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS was designed with the initially wandery Citroen DS in mind; an asymmetric tyre that diminishes the wandering effect and gives brilliant directional stability perfect for the 6/80 Wolseley on today's faster roads.
- The Wolseley 6/90 fitted tube-type wheels, innertubes are required for these wheels, even if you fit a tubeless radial tyre.
- For these tyres we suggest the Michelin 15E innertube.
- Another fantastic option for the Wolseley 6/90 is the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67, this tyre offers a classic tread and fantastic performance.
- Some later models instead fitted 640 H 15 Avon Super Safety.
- It is also possible to fit a wider, low-profile tyre in the 205/70-15 Tyres size. The 205/70 VR 15 Michelin XWX is a great tyre in this size, however, we generally recommend against fitting a wider tyre as it can have a derogatory effect on the handling.
- For these tyres we offer the Michelin 15F innertube.
Wolseley 6-90 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Wolseley 6-90 Tyres