Ferrari 328 Tyres
- Ferrari fitted 16” wheels to its 328 GTB & 328 GTS, as these cars were an evolution of the earlier Ferrari 308.
- Currently Pirelli make the fantastic P7 which is the only classic tyre in the correct sizes for the Ferrari 328.
- We would suggest fitting 205/55YR16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the front of a 328GTB or 328GTS & 225/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 on the rear.
- Ferrari 328 GTB & Ferrari 328 GTS tyre pressures – 33 psi front and 36 psi rear.
- Here we have more information about Ferrari 328 tyre pressure.
Ferrari 328 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Ferrari 328 Tyres
Ferrari 328 GTB tyres
After the 308 in 1985, Ferrari introduced the 328 GTS/GTB, it had a larger 3185cc engine producing 270bhp. The 328 Ferrari fitted 16” wheels that had been an option on the 308. With 225/50R16 tyres on the rear, 205/55R16 on the front. Originally with either Goodyear NCT or Goodyear Eagle, some of the last cars were fitted with Michelin MXX tyres.
The Ferrari 328 manual listed the Pirelli P7 as an option. The Goodyear NCT and Eagle are no longer made. In period the Pirelli P7 was fitted by the likes of Porsche and Lamborghini. Pirelli is again making a 205/55YR16 Cinturato P7 and the rear 225/50YR16 P7 which we would suggest are currently the tyre of choice for the 328.
Ferrari 328 GTS Tyres
Ferrari 328 Tyre Pressure
A: There might be cheaper options of tyre for a 328 GTB, but Pirelli make the period P7. We recommend fitting 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 on the front and 225/50YR Pirelli P7 on the rear. Because the Pirelli P7 was designed in period to compliment the chassis of classic supercars such as the Ferrari 328GTB. There are cheaper modern tyres in the same size, but they won’t handle as well on a Ferrari 328 as the Pirelli P7.
A: We would suggest that the Pirelli P7 tyres above are the best Ferrari 328GTS tyres.
A: The 328 Ferrari originally left the factory with Goodyear NCT or Goodyear Eagle, some of the later cars fitted Michelin MXX. However, the Ferrari 328 manual also recommended the Pirelli P7.