Delage D6 Tyres
- The earliest Delage D6 fitted wheels that required a 600x19 tyre, our suggested tyre for this size is the 5.25/6.00 x 19 Michelin D.R.
- For these tyres the Michelin 19/20H inner tube offers the best fit.
- Later Delage produced the D6 - 11, which fitted a 550x18 tyre.
- Longstone recommends 5.50-18 Pirelli Stella Bianca for handling and comfort the 5.50 x 18 Michelin D.R.
- The D6-11N, the 11L , and the 11S models also fitted the 550X18 size.
- When Delage D6 tyre sizes got reduced to 17 inch, 600/650 - 17 tyres were fitted, and our pick for the best tyre is the 6.50/7.00 x 17 Michelin D.R.
- The recommended inner tubing for tyres of this size is the Michelin 17/18H inner tube, or the Michelin 18" C RET Central Valve inner tube, depending on your wheel type.
Delage D6 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Delage D6 Tyres
History of the Delage D6
The Delage D6 was a six-cylinder luxury car built between 1930 and 1940, then again between 1946 and 1953 after the war. The D6 was launched in 1930 as a successor for the Delage DM, but given the variety of six-cylinder engines available. The D6 was one of three Delage models available in 1930. The other two were the slightly lighter (but still six-cylinder powered) DS and, at the top of the line, the extremely huge D8, which had been introduced the previous year.
The original Delage D6 was available in two chassis lengths: 3,149 mm or 3,289 mm. The displacement of the 6-cylinder engine was 3045 cc. The highest power output was reported as 75 horsepower at 3,600 rpm. 1160 Delage D6 models had been made by the time production of the original Delage D6 stopped in 1933.