Daimler V8 Saloon
- The V8 2.5 Litre or Daimler V8 250 originally fitted 640 H 15 Dunlop RS5 cross ply classic tyres, which are unfortunately not currently produced.
- Radial tyres were also available in period and one of the radial options that Jaguar Daimler offered in period was the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 that we would still recommend as one of the best options for the Daimler 2.5 litre V8 saloon today.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Another option for the Daimler 250 V8 that we have tried on a car we owned ourselves is the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS. The asymmetric carcass and tread pattern makes cars of this period so much better suited to driving on today's modern dual carriageways, while at the same time staying nice and thin and keeping the steering light; which is valuable considering that the Daimler V8 250 Saloon generally came without power steering.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Daimler 2.5 Litre V8 tyres
Hopefully the film below will help explain our views about what the best tyre is for your 2.5 Litre V8 Daimler.
Daimler V8 Saloon Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Daimler V8 Saloon Tyres
History of the Daimler V8 Saloon
The Daimler V8-250, which was produced from October 1967 to 1969, was a minor facelift and re-naming of the 2.5 V8 saloons and differed in relatively minor details: slimline bumpers and over-riders (shared with the Jaguar 240/340, negative-earth electrical system, an alternator instead of a dynamo, and twin air cleaners, one for each carburettor. Padding over the instrument panel, cushioned door cappings, ventilated leather upholstery, reclinable split-bench front seats, and a heated rear window were among the other new features. Power steering and overdrive were available as options.