Daimler V8 Saloon
- The V8 2.5 Litre or Daimler V8 250 originally fitted 640 H 15 Dunlop RS5 cross ply classic tyres, which are unfortunately not currently produced.
- Radial tyres were also available in period and one of the radial options that Jaguar Daimler offered in period was the 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 that we would still recommend as one of the best options for the Daimler 2.5 litre V8 saloon today.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Another option for the Daimler 250 V8 that we have tried on a car we owned ourselves is the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS. The asymmetric carcass and tread pattern makes cars of this period so much better suited to driving on today's modern dual carriageways, while at the same time staying nice and thin and keeping the steering light; which is valuable considering that the Daimler V8 250 Saloon generally came without power steering.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
Daimler 2.5 Litre V8 tyres
Hopefully the film below will help explain our views about what is the best tyre for your 2.5 Litre V8 Daimler.
Daimler V8 Saloon Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Daimler V8 Saloon Tyres