Porsche 930 Tyres
- Early Porsche 930 Carrera 3.0 Carrera or 930 3.0 Turbo fitted 205/50R15 Pirelli Cinturato P7 N4 front and 225/50R15 Pirelli Cinturato P7 N4 rear.
- The Porsche 930 Turbo 3.3 fitted 205/55R16 Pirelli P7 front and 225/50R16 Pirelli P7 rear, until 1985.
- After 1985 the 930 Turbo 3.3, 930 Targa and 930 Cabriolet 911 Turbo cars had a wider 9” rear wheel and 245/45R16 Pirelli Cinturato P7
- Recommended tyre pressures for the Porsche 911 Turbo of the late 1970s with 15” wheels, 29psi front and 35psi on the rear. The for 1980s 911 Turbo with 16” wheels 29psi front and 43psi rear.
911 Turbo Tyres
Porsche had been experimenting for some time with the Turbo and the Porsche 930 Turbo was basically an uprated turbo charged version of the 911. They also made the 930 Carrera, some cars also being labelled as the Turbo Carrera. The Porsches 930 model came out in 1975 and continued through to 1989. Initially with the 3 Litre 930 moving on to the 3.3 Litre for later models.
Recommended Porsche 930 Tyres
Other Options for Porsche 930
- (1975-’77) 911 Turbo 3.0 = 205/50YR15 Pirelli P7 N4 & 225/50YR15 Pirelli P7 N4.
- (1978-’85) 911 Turbo 3.3 = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 N4 & 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7 N4.
- (1985-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 N4 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7 N4.
- (1987-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 Targa = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 N4 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7 N4.
- (1987-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 Cabriolet = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 N4 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7 N4.
Classic Porsche Tyres
In the world of modern tyres it is common place to come across a tyre test. However in the world of classic tyres the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test on classic Porsche tyres. This classic Porsche tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ CN36 classic Porsche tyres performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relationship to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic Porsche tyres can give such exemplary results.
The simple time honoured shape of a Porsche 911 has been something that has inspired classic car enthusiasts for years. The refined elegant pure shape is unmistakeable. Now Longstone tyres, with the support from the world's best tyre manufacturers are able to supply tyres for classic 911's.
Classic Porsche Tyres
Below you will find a classic Porsche fitment guide and an independent article written about the tyre choices for your classic Porsche.