Porsche 930 Tyres
Porsche 930 Tyres Explained
Porsche 930 1975–1977 (3.0-litre) 1978–1989 (3.3-litre)
- Early Porsche 930 Carrera 3.0 Carrera or 930 3.0 Turbo fitted 205/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 front and 225/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 rear.
- Tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 205/50 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7) should not fit innertubes.
- The Porsche 930 Turbo 3.3 fitted 205/55YR16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 front and 225/50 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 rear, until 1985.
- After 1985 the 930 Turbo 3.3, 930 Targa and 930 Cabriolet 911 Turbo cars had a wider 9” rear wheel and 245/45 YR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO P7.
- Recommended tyre pressures for the Porsche 911 Turbo of the late 1970s with 15” wheels, 29psi front and 35psi on the rear. The for 1980s 911 Turbo with 16” wheels 29psi front and 43psi rear.
911 Turbo Tyres
Porsche had been experimenting for some time with the Turbo and the Porsche 930 Turbo was basically an uprated turbocharged version of the 911. They also made the 930 Carrera, some cars being labelled as the Turbo Carrera. The Porsches 930 model came out in 1975 and continued through to 1989. Initially with the 3 Litre 930 moving on to the 3.3 Litre for later models.
Porsche 930 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Porsche 930 Tyres
- (1975-’77) 911 Turbo 3.0 = 205/50YR15 Pirelli P7 & 225/50YR15 Pirelli P7.
- (1978-’85) 911 Turbo 3.3 = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 & 225/50YR16 Pirelli P7.
- (1985-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7.
- (1987-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 Targa = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7.
- (1987-’89) 911 Turbo 3.3 Cabriolet = 205/55YR16 Pirelli P7 & 245/45YR16 Pirelli P7.
Porsche Tyre Test
In the world of modern tyres it is commonplace to come across a tyre test. Sadly in the world of classic tyres, the investment never seems to be there to do a proper modern tyre test. However, a German magazine in July 2016 conducted this modern tyre test on classic Porsche tyres. This classic Porsche tyre test has been translated from German to English. What is remarkable in this tyre test is quite how well the PIRELLI CINTURATO ™; CN36 classic Porsche tyres performed in the table at the end. The scores in this table are not scored in relation to the other tyres in the test, so when a score of 1 is recorded, then that is a perfect score for a classic tyre or a modern tyre. It is wonderful to see that these classic Porsche tyres can give such exemplary results.