Daimler XJ40 Tyres
1990 Daimler 4.0 XJ40
Daimler XJ40 1986–1994
- Daimler XJ40 cars fitted 390mm millimetric wheels. We recommend fitting 220/65 VR 390 Avon CR39.
- Towards the end of 1990 Jaguar moved back to 15” wheels and fitted 225/65 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P5.
- Early Daimler XJ40 our suggested tyre pressures for 220/65-390 Tyres, 33psi front and rear.
- Later XJ40 our suggested tyre pressures for 225/65-15 Tyres - 32psi front and 34psi rear.
- Tyres with a profile below 70% (e.g 225/65 WR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO P5) cannot fit innertubes.
- There were also 225/55R16 and 225/60R16 options from 1993, but that is not a specialist tyre size as yet.
- Jaguar did do some very thorough testing of the Pirelli P5.
Daimler XJ40 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Daimler XJ40 Tyres
History of the Daimler XJ40
Daimler's edition of the XJ40 emphasised luxury over sportiness, with the Daimler's having the highest trim level, and was marketed by Jaguar dealers in the United States as their Vanden Plas model. It had the same single rectangular headlights as the Sovereign. It was distinguished from previous versions by its fluted radiator grille surround, boot-lid plinth, and detailed finishes. The inside of a Daimler has fold-out picnic tables for the back passengers as well as a 2-passenger rear seat as opposed to the Jaguar's 'flat', 3-passenger item.