Morris ISIS Tyres
- For a Morris Isis or Morris Isis Traveller a set of 185 VR 15 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 is recommended by Longstone Tyres as the best period radial upgrade for the Morris Isis. As the PIRELLI CINTURATO &trade was developed in 1952 and would have been the tyre of choice for the Morris Isis in period.
- The Morris Isis left the factory fitted with 640 - 15 cross ply tyres of which we would suggest the 640 H 15 Dunlop RS5 to be the best, the 640 H 15 Avon Super Safety is also excellent.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15F Offset Valve inner tube.
- Presently there is also another extremely good radial alternative to improve the handling of the Morris Isis. In 1965 Michelin developed the XAS which was the first Asymmetric tyre. To fit the Isis Michelin make a tyre called the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS. The advantage with this tyre is it is very tall and thin compared to other radial tyres around this size.
- For these tyres we recommend the Michelin 15E inner tube.
- One of the problems with fitting radial tyres instead of cross ply is it tends to make the steering heavier. The thinness of the 180 HR 15 Michelin XAS improves the directional stability being an asymmetric radial, but because it is thin the steering does not get too much heavier.
Morris Isis Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Morris Isis
History of the Morris Isis
Originally the name of a run of six-cylinder cars built between 1929-1931, the name was revived for another run of six-cylinders from 1955-1958. The Post-War Morris Isis was launched in 1955 to replace the Morris 6 MS, but both the Series I & Series II sold poorly sadly in competition to Ford and Vauxhall at the time and the line was discontinued shortly afterwards.