Jaguar MkV7 Tyres
- Jaguars MKV11 saloon originally fitted crossply tyres, which the 670H16 Dunlop RS5 was we believe OE.
- The Dunlop RS5 is no longer made by Dunlop so now we would recommend that the best crossply tyre is the 670 H16 Avon Turbospeed.
- MK V11 Jaguar Tyre pressure recommendations. Crossply 26psi and Radial 36psi.
- The ideal inner tube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F inner tube.
Radial Tyres for a MK 7 Jaguar
- Currently the most suitable radial tyre for a MK 7 Jaguar is the 670 R 16 Avon Turbosteel .
- We also supply 185 VR 16 PIRELLI CINTURATO CA67 tyres, which will make for an excellent alternative with great performance and a period design.
- The best fitting inner tube for these tyres is the Michelin 16F inner tube.
- Critically when fitting radial tyres to your Jaguar MK V11 for safety reasons you must increase the tyre pressure to 36psi.
Jaguar MKVII Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Jaguar MKVII Tyres
The RS5 was original and it is the best tyre in the cross ply the Turbo Steel is an appropriate radial alternative. There are more options here
History of the Jaguar MkVII
Built between 1951-1956, the Jaguar MkVIII was made to replace the Jaguar Mark V, but as there was already a Bentley Mark VI on the market Jaguar decided to call the next model Mark VII (a little bit of cheeky one-up manship!). It is said however that a version of the Jaguar Mark V with the XK engine had been designated the Jaguar Mark VI, but it is thought that only two were built so this hardly counts for the specification.
The Mk VII chassis came from the Jaguar Mark V, with which the Mark VII shared its 10 feet (3,048.0 mm) wheelbase.