Alfa Romeo 6C
Alfa Romeo 6C Tyres
Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Comp Spider Zagato
- For an Alfa Romeo 6C, we recommend fitting the Pirelli 5.50-18 Stella Bianca, we believe it is the best tyre in its size and it was OE.
- The 5.50 x 18 Michelin D.R. is also a brilliant period-correct road tyre that was fitted to many different sports cars of the time.
- The 5.50/6.00-18 Dunlop Racing tyre, is the ideal tyre to fit for the track. It gives excellent progressive handling and grip. Sadly, this is a 1940s tread pattern, however, we still recommend this as the best racing tyre for the Alfa 6C.
- The innertube we would fit for 5.50 - 18 tyres would be a Michelin 17/18 H RET.
- If your 6C is equipped with wire wheels, you will need to fit rim tape to the wheel, we stock 18" to 21" rim tape. The purpose of the rim tape is to protect the tube and tyre from the spoke heads in the well. For more information, visit our Rim Tapes and Flaps Page.
Alfa Romeo 6C Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Alfa Romeo 6C Tyres
History of the Alfa Romeo 6C
The Alfa Romeo 6C moniker was used on the road, racing, and sports vehicles made by Alfa Romeo between 1927 and 1954; the "6C" designation references the car's straight-six engine's six cylinders. Coachbuilders such as James Young, Zagato, Touring Superleggera, Castagna, and Pinin Farina created the bodies for these cars. Commencing in 1933, there was also a 6C variant manufactured at Portello with an Alfa factory body. Vittorio Jano was commissioned in the early 1920s to develop a lightweight, high-performance car to replace the RL and RM types created by Giuseppe Merosi. The automobile debuted as the 6C 1500 at the Salone dell'Automobile di Milano in April 1925. It was modelled on Alfa's P2 Grand Prix vehicle and featured a 1,487 cc in-line six-cylinder engine with a single overhead cam that produced 44 hp. The 1500 Sport, the first Alfa Romeo road car with twin overhead camshafts, was introduced in 1928.
Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Wheels
Borrani wheels are still available for your Alfa Romeo 6C 2500. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company, we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Alfa Romeo 6C Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected].
Borrani Wheels for a Alfa Romeo 2500
Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Alfa Romeo wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge