Ferrari 365 GTS
Ferrari 365 GTS Tyres
Ferrari 365 GTS Design Sketch
- For Ferrari 365 GTS Longstone Tyres recommend the 205 WR 14 Michelin XWX; a superb fitting tyre with both high performance and durability, but more importantly the correct diameter.
- The 365 GTS is the spider version of Ferrari's 365 GTC or GT Coupe and they both fit the same full profile 205VR14 tyre (not a 205/70VR14).
- Borrani Wire Wheels are available for your Ferrari 365 GTS, see below for more information.
- If you have wire wheels fitted then innertubes are essential for the tyre to function.
- We suggest fitting the Michelin 14H innertube in the Michelin XWX tyres.
History of the Ferrari 365
The Ferrari 365 was a powerful front-engine, rear-wheel-drive 2- and 2+2-seater grand tourer line produced by Ferrari, first exhibited at the 1966 Geneva Motor Show, the replacement for the 330 and 500 Superfast. The GTC and GTS, like the rest of the 365, were powered by a 4,390 cc Colombo V12 engine. It produced 316 horsepower at 6,600 rpm when fed by three Weber 40 DFI twin-choke carburettors. These vehicles were able to attain a 50:50 weight distribution by merging the transmission and the final drive. The 365 GTC and GTS retained the independent rear suspension of its predecessor, which employed coil springs and wishbones. The brakes were all-around servo-assisted discs with a split circuit system.
The 330 GTC and GTS were replaced by the 365 GTC and GTS in 1968. The engine was significantly redesigned, increasing its capacity from 4.0 litres and 300 horsepower to 4.4 litres and 320 horsepower. The design remained almost the same across the two body styles, with the only major difference being the transfer of vents from behind the front wheels to the bonnet. Between 1968 and 1970, 168 coupés (22 of which were right-hand-drive) were built. It was replaced by the Ferrari 365 GTC/4. Only 20 spiders were built before the Daytona Spider based on the 365 GTB/4 took its place.
Borrani Wire Wheels
Borrani wheels are available for your Ferrari 365 GTS. As agents for the iconic Ruote Borrani Milano company we are able to supply all wheels from their extensive range.
If your Borrani wheels require rebuilding then please contact us at [email protected]
wire wheels made by Ruote Borrani Milano are, without doubt, the best wire wheels available. Borrani wheels utilise aluminium rims, steel spokes and steel wheel centres.
Click the link for Ferrari 365 GTS Borrani wheels.
Wheels made by Borrani are available in the following styles:
- Painted silver finish, as per the racing wheels of the period
- Polished and chrome finish, highly polished rim, chrome spokes & wheel centre
- Painted finish with polished outer edge