Vauxhall 30/98 Tyres
- Early models of the 30/98 fitted 880 - 120 Tyres. In this size the best available tyre is the 880 x 120 Ensign Chevron Cord.
- The best inner tube for these tyres is the Central Valve H/D Michelin Inner Tube 880X120.
- Later models fitted either 21" or 23" tyres.
- Our suggested 21" tyre is the 5.25 x 21 Lucas.
- For these tyres the Michelin 19/20H Inner Tube offers the best fit.
- Our recommended 23" tyre is the 31 x 4 (23"rim) Lucas.
- We suggest the Reinforced Inner Tube 815X105 is the best inner tube for these tyres.
Vauxhall 30-98 Recommended Tyres
Other Options for Vauxhall 30-98 Tyres
History of the Vauxhall 30-98
The Vauxhall 30–98 is an automobile produced by Vauxhall from 1913 to 1927. It was authoritatively regarded as one of Britain's best-known sports cars, and Automobile Quarterly noted in the mid-20th century that it was lovingly known as the "last of the Edwardians," and recognised as the first and maybe the greatest British sports vehicle.
The designation 30–98 is said to come from the engine's output of 30 bhp at 1,000 rpm and 98 horsepower at 3,000 rpm. Another possibility is that it had a RAC horsepower rating of 30 and a cylinder bore of 98 mm, albeit the most likely reason is that there existed a popular but heavier and slower Mercedes 38/90 at the time.